Bar girl kicking last night in nana

Bembaman

There was an incident outside Angel Witch last night-anybody know anything about it? I was a long way from it but it seems a bar girl was dragged outside onto the walkway and beaten up by a Thai bloke. He did the business and walked out cool as a cucumber and nobody intervened. A falanf appeared and went running after him but shortly returned.

Sums Thai bloke up really, whatever the story.

Anyone know anything?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw something similar a while back outside Nana hotel, no one intervened either, just let what ever happen, and if it doesn't concern you, you stay out of it type of thing. Maybe a cultural thing. Here in the states, people are slow to intervene in what they consider a domestic fight, as the woman often turns on the person trying to help her.

Usually our first impulse. I did once see a guy slapping a girl at Soi 3/Sukhumvit intersection, a few older women were yelling Mai dee, and trying to break it up, but the girl really wanted to kick his ass, and wasn't cowering behind the women. I doubt I would jump in, even though we are bigger guys, we would be out numbered, as he would no doubt call his friends. Maybe the best option is to pay a cop to fill him in on his lacking social graces. Last fall I posted about a Psycho who was following me around, he had kicked my favorites ass so bad she lost a baby, ultimately, she kicked his ass,(she was an ex-muy thai pro) and then had a few of the motor bike guys kick his ass, had her brother arrest him(he is a cop/her bro) and had him put in jail for a visa over stay...they are still together and trying to have a kid...some people can't stay mad I guess...

Just out of interest, does anyone know which girl it was? I've seen a couple of Thai boyfriends of Angelwitch girls. One is the DJ (I assume this wasn't him) and the other was a rather young, nice-looking lad who used to wait outside for his girl, nursing a drink. I'd gone with this girl before he came around and as soon as I saw her talking to him I used to tease her about it ("It's my brother! Jing jing!"). He saw this and used to smile at me when I passed him outside. Can't be sweet Mr. Cutie-pants either, surely?

On the ethics of intervening, I'd like to think I would at least try to pacify the situation to stop someone getting badly hurt.

On the other hand, you don't know the background of the situation - what she's done to him - so I don't think one should wade in simply to knock the guy flat. (Equal rights works both ways for me, folks!)

In reply to:

Here in the states, people are slow to intervene in what they consider a domestic fight, as the woman often turns on the person trying to help her.

Couldn't agree with you more. A couple years back when I was living in Seattle. A guy stopped his car in the middle of a busy intersection his girlfriend jumped out of the car he ran after her and began to push and shove her. A good Samaritan came to the rescue, blows were thrown the boyfriend was subdued however the girlfriend went to the car got the boyfriends gun and shot her rescuer. The news reported later that night that her rescuer had died.

With situations involving Domestic disputes you'll be the hero for a minute and then see her the very next day holding his hand...it's a pattern.

My gut feeling would be to try and stop it but I have seen too many people get hurt now by the participants and or their friends.

Now unfortunately, I would stay as far away as possible. Its not worth jumping into a situation you dont know feet first.

Archived