It truly amazes me

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My God I agree with Fly!!!!

That is a first.

I often get a kick out of thse Hi-So Thais. They are more pretentious then your average American socialite. After being here for 3 years I still revel in seeing the look these folks give farangs with their bar girls.

I came here to get away from all of that hi-so BS!!!!

Good point. here, in SF, i have been to many parties thrown by thai/farang couples, with many other thai/farang couples. A few times, you just start gossiping and wonder where this or that wife comes from, so you turn to your thai friends and ask if they think she was in the scene. Well, you know what: THEY DON'T KNOW, unless a guy 10, 15 years older than his wife, or that she's from Buri Ram automatically proves she's a prostitute. Some girls, you know, they cheat on their husband, they play pool like a hustler, but just hearing or seeing people is just acting on prejudices

It's not your questions, but the ways she answers, or speaks Thai rather. BG language tends to differ from non-BG language and can often be picked out quickly.

Depends on how long she's been in the scene

seems thai snobs are as good at picking out a BG as we are picking them out, LOL. This said, i actually agree that if the BG is not your GF, there is no point in bringing a person you will have nothing to do with "a week from now".

PS:Will you introduce your protegee to your thai friends?

Hi,

Having just read this entire thread, I think Orandanodes' position, as well as that of most upper-class Thais, is that it is perfectly acceptable to associate with a girl who sleeps with men for money.... as long as she is educated and has a light skin.

While he may not want to turn this into a class issue, it most certainly is. Afterall, why is an educated, Northern massage parlour girl acceptable, but a lower educated Isaan girl (maid, caddy, bargirl, whatever) is not?

Orandanodes:

"BG language tends to differ from non-BG language and can often be picked out quickly. "

Not necessarily. The language might give an indication to her background / education, but it does NOT automatically tell you she is a bargirl.

Sanuk!

It's not your questions, but the ways she answers, or speaks Thai rather. BG language tends to differ from non-BG language and can often be picked out quickly.

Depends on how long she's been in the scene

[color:purple] This the post that dumbfounds me. Exactly what is BG language? Why would a Thai BG use such language outside of a bar with other Thais? How can you detect a person's occupation based on their language skills? Your basically saying that language defines you occupation or class. I guess it is safe to assume that if you have a West Virginian(A US State) accent you must be a coal miner or trailer park trash. How about every Black guy that speaks slang in the States is a Hip- hop star or a professional athlete. I know Ivy league graduates that swear more than construction workers. My examples sound ridiculous don't they? Generalizations such as these are what some people need to have an artificial air of superiority. color=purple>

Archived