Ripped off,seriously pissed off

Lusty

>I gotta wonder if being seen talking to the police is dangerous in itself. <

i would not say so, unless rusty is involved in the shady side of life here. than a different set of rules would apply.

a problem like that can give interesting results given that rusty has video evidence.

if the cops really wanna catch someone here, they can be incredibly efficient, and can make it very clear to the people involved that further revenge action would be not advisable. never underestimate the abilities of thai cops, especially their informer system and their ways of extracting information during the "interrogation".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fly,

She's in the wrong all Rusty wants is is money and camera back. By your advice no one should ever report anything. So us Farangs should always roll over, I dont believe you would, I honestly dont

I would spend 50 000 baht to get that girl back, its the principle, Rusty go to a Lawyer and explain your position and as his advice about the best course of action.

STH

Calm down, forget about it and move on. That's all you can do. You're not the first it's happened to, and certainly won't be the last. You're lucky you escaped with your life and the last thing you need to do is go out looking for revenge.

I do assume you took the sensible move of arranging travel insurance, etc? In which case, just file a report at the nearest police station (cost 10 baht) and make a claim.

Hard luck Rusty.

I had a similar experience two years back - this was some girl hanging around half in and half out of one of the NEP Go-gos. She doctored my drink in my hotel room and I was out for over 14 hours. The bitch could have killed me. I felt like shit for days, and was pretty pissed off too. Fortunately most of my stuff was in a deposit box, and I still do not know why reception had no record of her. Lost a chunk of cash and some bits and pieces, she even took my bottle of after shave, a pen and all my coins!

Dangerous game administering drugs like that. I have my guard up these days. Use the deposit box, if there is a room safe get your stuff in there quick and make sure she cannot see the code. There is a trick where they ask you to put their gold in the room safe, and watch to learn the code.

Perhaps your choice of hotel should be reconsidered too.

I doubt you will see her around the same place again, she will be working elsewhere.

Chances are by now, the equipment has been pawned already and she will miss a "few days" at soi 7. I think the police sometimes can retrieve whatever they can for you, but only if they can put their hand on her. Eventually, as you stick around, you will see her again. but think twice before assaulting her? does she have a thai BF? will this involve other thais joining the fight? Can get ugly. I am sorry about the ordeal, but you may have to put it in the "horrors" case of staying in Thailand, and re-assess how you let yourself being set-up, and let your guards down. When i stay in a hotel, i usually put all chunky valuables in my luggage and lock it when i step out of the room.

I can just see it now, filling out the claim to the insurance company.

"On 29, July 2002 around 11:45pm I met this hooker at a bar in Bangkok. She seemed nice enough, little did I know she spiked my beer just before we left for the hotel room....

...and in conclusion, besides the money and other items she took from me, I would like to include, in this claim, the 1000 baht that I paid her for services just before I passed out and she took all my stuff..."

Archived