vasectomy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roppie,

Let me try to answer you........

First to say I had 'it' done yesterday in Belgium and I dont know the costprice, medical insurance will pay for most, maybe I'll get an invoice for something like 500-600 Bt at most.

On request of my house MD I made an appointment with an urologue (sp?), went to the clinic, 5 minutes for paperwork, 10 minutes for prepping and mainly shaving ( actually done by a rather pretty nurse ), and then the vasectomy itself that took no longer than 14-15 minutes at all. I was out of there in 35 minutes driving back home.

The surgery is actually locating the spermcanal, inject a narcosis (sp?) into it, small incision, cut it off, bind of 2 sides, close the incision, and start on the other side.......

After that I put in 2 more hours at the office and had dinner with friends.........

No pain at all, more of an itch and a small uneasy feeling that somebody kicked me lightly in the balls........

Also, no shower for 2 days to make sure not to re-open the small wounds.......

Now then, I'll still be fertile for the next 12 to 25 ejaculations ( depending from person to person ), so that it is standard to bring in a sample after a few weeks ( you even leave the clinic with that small bottle already ! ).

As for erections, dont worry, I woke up with my usual morning woody !

I worry now more for the itching to come from the total shaving.....smile.gif

All in all, I do strongly recommend this to all !

Cheers !

Thanks BB, sounds pretty simple. My mum's been getting on my case to "do the responsible thing" blah, blah, blah. Let us know if there's any side effects.

Been quite the subject lately. Hey congrats Belgianboy. It is amazing how quick and painless it is. I had mine done about 4 or 5 years ago I must say it is a great relief. Old hippie. I did a lot of research, and there really doesnt seem to be any overiding evidece in regards to health issues. But remember it is surgery (however minor) and that there is an extremely remote chance of infection ect. Its is by far the most effective means of birth control. And you don't have to count on "her" to take care of it. For me it is just a matter of common sense, at my age the last thing I want or need is to bring a child into the world. And the really last thing I need is for some girl to decide I should bring a child into the world. As far as cost that can vary depending on your insurace. I paid cash because my insurace didn't cover it. I think I paid about $350. I would imagine in LOS it would be a lot less then that.

OH,

Not worried at all ! Grand-grandfather, and grandfather died from it, dad already had it, and I'm on a watch list to check twice a year, but all is ok and I'm only 47 yo as you know..........

Thing is that nobody can fool me now, something to what is likeky to happen now to Thalenoi - poor guy.......

Cheers !

Very true! Keep an eye on it...well, get it checked anyway smile.gif I agree about the protecting yourself bit for sure! Blame it on an old hockey injury is she inquirers. I have considered it also, as I am 40 and don't want any last minute surprises! Assuming I could actually get a woman in bed smile.gif

OH,

Easy ! Twice a year a quick bloodcheck and a few days later I get a nice PSA level that tells me that all is ok !

And at the same time, I have a check for all other things they can find as well !!!!!

And as for her, we discussed it at length together and she does NOT want any children at all...... duuno about later when the clock will be ticking way louder, but today she is 25 and for her it is no no.....

Cheers !

Sad to think the gene pool of Belgium has been lowered. BB. make sure what kind of follow-up sample they want in that bottle. Last time I visited the urologist they gave me a bottle and directed me to a semi-private curtained room. No magazine or anything. Did my best and handed it over to the pretty young nurse. Quite embarrassed to learn they wanted a urine sample instead.

Archived