vasectomy

My father got one 25 years ago, when divorced from my mother. He re-married, and got reversed. If he could get done 25 years ago, I'm sure it can be done now, with relative ease.

My father did the same, though probably 31 years ago. Had an attempted reversal that did not work, or at least his new wive could not get pregnant no matter how hard they tried.

I'd imagine modern techniques are more reversable? I would not mind doing this, since this this is the ultimate BC it would seem. But I do want to have kids some day.

BIG QUESTION: Does the color change?? I mean having the color of my spunk change might freak me out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIG QUESTION: Does the color change?? I mean having the color of my spunk change might freak me out.

Answer : nope, not at all........

Actually, sperm is only 2 - 3 % of the ejaculate which is produced by the prostate, so does not matter at all !

Cheers !

Ok I had a scalpeless vasectomy. The basic concept is the same as the traditional. The vas is severed and sealed either by tying it off or some other form of cautory. The amount of vas removed could possibly have an impact on getting a reversal. But the bottom line is, any and all vasectomies MUST be considerd permanent and irriversable. If you have any plans or think you might even remotely want to have kids then do not get it done. Freezing sperm is the only real viable option. Now in regards to the the scalpeless method. It involves isolating the cord externaly. Then a small punture is made just below the shaft in the center of the scrotum. This is done using a special instrument. Then the same instrument is use to strech the punture a bit. This allows the doc to hook one of the spermatic cords, pull it through the opening and then procede to open the sheath and reaval the vas. Then the cutting and sealing of the vas is done. The sheath is sutured and the cord is then allowed to retract. Using the same hole the second cord under goes the same procedure. Then the they just put a small piece of gauze over the punture (no sutures needed) This tool and method was devised in China and has spread almost everywhere. It is usualy up to the doc in regards to which method they use, but the results are identical. The whole procedure took about ten minutes and was completely painless. If you are %100 certain you don't want to have any(more) kids then this is far and away the BC of choice. If you are on the fence or can't afford the frozen storage, forget about it. Yes reversal is possible and yes they keep getting better at it, but until it is %100 sucessful you can not count on ever being able to sire.

Hey Doxyblue:

The recovery was really a non issue. I was told to bring an athletic supporter. (not to be confused with a sports fan) I wore that for about a week. I was just a bit achey for a few days, basicly a tylonal more than took care of it. As some of the other guys have posted you have to wait for a number of ejaculations for the pipes to be cleaned out from residule sperm. Then go back to make sure you are shooting blanks. After that point as us fixxed guys say "anytime, anyplace" Honestly for me it was just a great relief, and very liberating. If one fits the profile, I think you owe it to yourself to take resposibility for your future. For me thats how it feels.

Maybe this should be on a seperate thread, but I have a question out of sheer curiousity regarding child support payment

I read somewhere that in the US you would typically pay 25% of your income in child support. Dammit that's a lot. Is it true?

Are some of you paying child support like me,and if so how much? I have been told that I get of extremly cheap: 200euro a month tax deductable with an annual income of approk 70K.

Now let's all be carefull out there!!

Regards, Theo

(PS: Davegas, thanks for your PM)

Thanks for the technical details. What was your recovery experience like ?

DB,

I went through the same procedure as Dave explained only 14 days ago.......

Pain : none at all........my problem is just ichy the first days as all was shaved..........

Cheers !

"...I read somewhere that in the US you would typically pay 25% of your income in child support. Dammit that's a lot. Is it true? ..."

Yes, it can be that high, or higher. If say you worked a lot of overtime last year, your kid's mom can request an increase, then you pay till you can show less money for a similar time frame. In many cases, it is not tax deductible either. In addition to the payments, you can be held accountable for medical bills, schooling etc...Aalimony is another bitch. It is not un common to lose 50-75% of your salary in a divorce with kids if your wife doesn't work.

I am not paying any support for the ex, as she made more, and I have no kids, so I just have to take care of myself...what a chore that is... smile.gif

Archived