Why do TG become BG's?

Fly, I doubt that. Of course they didn't have a sex tourism scene like the LOS.Plenty of hookers in the old USSR. Prostition was not against the law. There was no prostiution in a workers paradise.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doubt whatever you want.

as i said, i am not going to pull out my library on china to prove my points here.

but comparing communism in china and communism in the USSR is not possible, they had very differing systems which led to serious disagreements between mao and the russian led comintern even as early as during the long march.

I think there are two questions here. First, why do TG's become BG's and second, why do they stay BG's.

I can give you info on my GF ... She started to pay off a debt of the family. She had a thai boyfriend at the time and he couldn't help financially, so she had to do something. Working (as she calls it) was the fastest way to solve the problem.

Now comes the next question ... She has helped the family pay off the debt, so why does she continue. Well, her Thai boyfriend won't have anything to do with her since she has "worked". This was very sad becaused she loved him. Now she knows her future is tied to finding a Farang husband/BF. She also has more than one BF (myself and about 3 others). This drives me crazy as I want her to only boom-boom with me (my hang-up !!!). I think she likes the other guys (who range in age from 35 -> 65) because they truly love her, make her feel good about herself, spend money on her, and take her to places she would never go (Singapore, HK, ...). This is hard for her to give up to just be with me.

This is just a data point of one ... However, I do admire her because she basically "trashed" her relationship with a Thai BF she loved to provide instant debt relief for her family. She also gives money to her sister, brother, and relatives. She definitely doesn't want her younger sister to follow her path.

I hate to report that I am very involved with this girl. She doesn't work in a bar, but has done freelancing. I do support her financially and yes, this is a long-distance relationship.

The reasons, she is very beautiful and I feel like this is a true BF/GF relationship. I have been "up-country" to meet the parents and she is just the nicest, sweetest person I have met ... Not to mention a great lover in bed !!

Based on your comment, it sounds like you believe all these types of relationships don't work ... or ... are only about money. I think these girls can actually fall in love and care about their future.

HT,

I have taken BG's short time and long time. As a total number, not that many (maybe 20 different girls). Those to me were more of a business/customer relationship. This girl is really my first GF experience.

Now I know where you are headed with this ... I being naive and "suckered". However, I have been with her for about 9 months and in that time, I have been to Thailand 6 times to be with her. I feel that I "know" her and have seen where she grew up. She has been very open about her "history/story" and I have wanted to make a difference in her life. Also, my end target is to retire and move to Thailand to be with her.

Having said all this, I know that I am an easy target for people on this thread (stupid farang with Thai prostitute). But I cannot believe (or do not want to believe) that all these types of relationships will not work.

Hi,

You are right. Some do work. And I must tell you that it seems like she has been pretty honest with you, to this point.

So...I won't give you the standard "are you crazy?" rant. Seems like you're more than a newbie to the scene. You just have to take it where you want it to go, and understand the complexities of getting there.

Sounds like she is a hustler based on achieving her initial goals, but still wanting to remain in the profession. Much less stringing 3 other "suiters" along. But you know all this.....so just have to go where you have to go. Nobody here is going to be able to what that direction needs to be. It's all in the combined experiences we experience that set our course.

PS...Thinking this should be in *my* forum "Relationships".

If you want to continue discussion, which I'm happy to do, just start a new thread there, and we'll pick it up from there. smile.gif

HT

HT,

Re: "So...I won't give you the standard "are you crazy?" rant. Seems like you're more than a newbie to the scene."

Many times, I feel like I am crazy ... I have lurked on this thread and others (stickman, bangkok2night, ...) to learn as much as possible about thai culture and thai/farang relationships. But really, I am a "newbie" to Thailand.

I am willing to give this girl a chance to get out of the "working" scene ... It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Archived