Thai gals - What exactly do you like about them?

Goodthaigirl

Good question. But for me, It's ME i like in LOS. there is just so much in this country (and traveling in general) that i learnt from, and about myself too, it just seems that there is something about the asian continent that allows you to step back and comprehend or ask a few more things about life, this world, and what you are doing in it. When the setting is so awe-inspiring, and you love women, then you also profit from being around them. The sex, the skin color, who cares, i am one of the few on this board who does think it does not make much difference where they come from if 2 people click. After that, it's always hard work anywhere to make a relationship successful.

[color:purple] So in all of this Thai uniqueness you experience in the great LOS you can't possibly come up with a couple of things about TG's that differentiate them from other groups of women? There is nothing unique in Thai women that make them attractive to you?

Sorry, P127 I think you can do a little better than your stand apart answer in light of GTG's question. You have waxed eloquently on other threads pertaining to the special encounters with Issan women you have had.

Help our friend GTG out here. wink.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take a picture of a group of farang, they are going to be impatient for the picture to be taken, and they will be bothered that they won't look good in the picture; it will be a fairly serious affair.

-------------------------

I like this thread, as we guys can articulate the many reasons, accompanying the sexual attraction. The childlike attitude is spot on. Sometimes, it is best to deal with thais as if they were children (note: i do not say THEY ARE children, just one way not to constantly ask oneself questions about behaviours that just seem the epitomy of both "mai pen rai" and "sanook", carefree and unconcerned)

I also think that GTG, you seem to have lost a lot of this (and this is a loss) by going abroad and talking often very seriously like all (big) city people.

About pix, are you kidding? it takes work to get a GF to pose again for a pix passed the first few days of having met her, and she will indeed worry about her looks and ask you to destroy the pix if she does not like herself. Thais, as the shower thread shows, are very self-conscious about their appearance. But mainly you are too severe about farangs. I think both groups handle picture taking the same.

Hmmm... It sounds suspiciously like you're writing a book or, at least a thesis.

I'm not going to give you any ammunition for it, in the form that your chippy web site heroine might want, anyway. The specific things that I like about my girl are: big tits, capacity to drink and a fun attitude, which could all be found reasonably easily in the west.

The differences that I like are that Thai women generally aren't as fat as westerners (mostly because of better diet) and that I derive enjoyment from observing the very different culturally ingrained reactions (as seen in the Common Sense thread, for example).

sure, i can do that: why? because they live in Thailand tongue.gif .

I know thai women in SF, and i could date one, i am sure, but i 've done it before, and the most i took from it is to meet thais and party "a la thai". So it's back to thailand more than the chicka herself. In truth,I would not go to LOS just for the women, so i answered honestly the question, and i knew other members would take care of itemizing the "down to earth" plusses articulately anyway.

I derive enjoyment from observing the very different culturally ingrained reactions

[color:purple]

I can relate to that statement. For me I like the way the women handle relationship conflicts vs women I have encountered in the States. I guess to a large extent culture teaches you how to handle problems. Since I am a foreigner to the Thai culture I do not have the natural basis in which to completely handle a conlict with a woman in a "Thai" fashion if there is one. The best I can do is mimic.

I find that the temperment of the women during a relationship conflict suits my personality and way I like to handle problems regardless of my ability to understand the Thai way of handling these types of situations. There are several references to the "mai pen rai" mindset. I guess this mindset contributes to conflict resolution in the relationships I have experienced.

P127,

I was meaning more the group mentality. Taking a picture of a single girl is always a pain in the ass no matter what country.

But, taking a group shot of a bunch of Thais has always been like a comedy show to me. The ubiquitous two finger rabbit ears behind the head, the fingers in the ribs before the snap, anything to make the others laugh.

Another example is a Thai party vs. a Farang party. Not at a bar, but someone?s home. Normal, average Thais. The Farang party will start at about 8 to 10 PM and probably wind down at 2 or 3 AM, it might get a little loud but nothing too out of control. A Thai party is like a farang high school bash, it will be loud, very loud, lots of singing, card playing, and will run from late until late the next morning.

Maybe Thailand is the true "Never-Never Land." But please don't tell Michael Jackson that. smile.gif

Hmmm... It sounds suspiciously like you're writing a book or, at least a thesis.

[color:purple]

I figured the same thing and i decided to help GTG out by posting first even though several others viewed her topic first but decided not to reply.

What raised my eyebrow was the criteria

In reply to:

I want something
very specific
. . .

with the words very specific being underlined. I have long suspected that we have lurkers and participants here that use the forum for some sort of social science studies.

well, people are different, thais maybe more playful when taking a group pix, but my point was not to make farangs look more stern than thais when being in group, traveling or partying. I just wish to say i am starting to have a defensive reflex about all the frowning on faranglands on the board. Some aspects of our life and co-citizens back home may invite criticism, but I refuse to think along the lines of "Thailand? Happy, happy" and "farangland? Sad, no fun". I guess i am going beyond the scope of taking pix in group, a topic to which i still disagree with you, I will send you a pix of 20 of us taken 3 weeks ago, you'll tell me if we look so retentive (no rabbitt ear, for once, apologies)

"I have long suspected that we have lurkers and participants here that use the forum for some sort of social science studies."

Farang sex tourist! - and why such farangs are the source of all Thai women's problems by Chipon Hurcholdaa

Sleevenotes: One good Thai girl braved a year researching the seedy Internet world of western sex perverts to bring us a portrait of the sad men that stain an otherwise perfect nation. No stone was left unturned (unless it showed evidence directly contrary to her central thesis, in which case it was quickly put back where it was). Extraordinary efforts were made to seek evidence for the conclusion that the author had reached a long long time ago (before starting the book, in fact).

P127,

I certainly understand your point, and don't want to imply I feel "farangland" sucks or is a sad place to be.

But you must admit there is a different feeling at least here in the US. (Of course SF is just plain different smile.gif )

There isn't a prevalent happy go lucky or sanuk attitude in the US. That's all.

There are a lot of good things in the West. I'm not debating that. This is just about a feeling.

I was just trying to make analogous comparisons to describe, IMHO the sanuk mentality. Maybe I didn't do it well.

I guess I can best describe it as with the sanuk mentality you say Mai pen rai, laugh it off, and move on. As opposed to getting in someone's face, road rage, wanting to win in things that don't matter, and letting stress dominate ones actions.

It's like part of the sanuk thought process is like the old book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and it's all Small Stuff." Does that make any sense?

Bottom line, all I meant is that the sanuk mentality is one of the main reasons I'm drawn to Thai women, people, and land.

If this turned into an off track rant, forgive me, I keep getting handed a beer. Really their forcing me. blush.gif

Archived