Thai gals - What exactly do you like about them?

Goodthaigirl

"Thank you very much for being the first to reply my question. I was a little disapointed at first that no one cared to reply it.

Give a little confidence, get a little. We still haven't heard from the world of GoodThaiGirl and GoodThaiBoyFriend and we'd be genuinely interested. At the moment, I'm left imagining it to be something like an episode of 'The Waltons', but with more noodles and nam prik plaa.

Another thing: if you're curious about 'why we like Thai gals', then it's reasonable to assume that we'd like to know about the opposite. A number of good(shiver) girls are curious about farang males. They probably think that these men might treat them differently. Of course, you're not one of these girls, but you hear them talk, don't you? Examples please...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I like about my gf is that she has personality - she doesn't accept shit from anybody. She's honest and open, she tells me what she likes and dislikes without being crude.

The reason I fell for her is that she has a smile that lights up the room!

Cheers,

soongmak

"For instance, they might do what you would consider as playing games, doing silly things to see your reactions and measure your love for them. That might not be a pleasent experience for some of you as it might lead to misunderstanding."

So true. It brings back some painful memories. Of this girl I was in love with who did just that, playing such games. Well, I thought this wasn't to be and moved on. Later I found out that she had been very broken hearted when I started an affair with the girl who is my fiance now. Its not that easy to figure out you Thai girls.

I can smile at a pretty girl in the street, and she doesn't look at me like I'm a pervert who wants to rape her.

And I can talk to someone in a disco or restaurant, or even a shop, and again they will nearly always respond in a friendly manner.

And this isn't about sex. I have met a lot of girls in these situations who I am still in touch with as friends.

I don't know if this is because I'm a farang, but I do know that when I smile at a pretty girl, and she smiles back, it makes my day a little happier, and I hope it might do the same for her.

And it's a pity I can't do that in my homeland.

She behaved in a teasing manner, joking in a hurtful way I guess. So I drew the conclusion that she was not in love with me, she did not return my affection in the way I expected.

The explanation which I learned from a common friend later is that she was waiting for a much stronger commitment from me. More romantic I guess.

I didn't interpret these signs at all. She is still a good friend today. Jokingly calls me her "oldie"

Rama500,

>I don't know if this is because I'm a farang,<

Pretty much so ! We basically treat you guys differently.

>but I do know that when I smile at a pretty girl, and she smiles back, it makes my day a little happier, and I hope it might do the same for her. <

Well..depends on what she think of your appearance ! laugh.gif

>And it's a pity I can't do that in my homeland. <

Why is that so? The women will scorn you or sth?

For me I have the opposite experience. I could smile to anybody on the street when I was overseas studying. They seemed to be friendly and nice. I think may be because I'm Asian ?

I had to stop smiling to certain people when I came back to Thailand. I had smiled to a male bus conductor and he smiled back with a differrent look, if you know what I mean. Too bad, really. Being a girl is very hard, you see frown.gif

GTG : My original post got lost in cyberspace , too bad because it contained specifics . All of my references to Thai women include Bg's , Nbg's , the whole alphabet soup of Thai ladies . And yes I realize that farangs are treated different than local guys but still there is something more ! When travelling in other parts of Asia It's not the same . I spent a couple of years in India and I don't think I made eye contact with a single female ! Thai's make it easier to learn their language because of their intraction with us . And let's not forget that silky smoothe skin !!!!

Archived