Why oh why do footballers write books?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Is it just me or does your new pic look like three testicles in a tree?>>

Well, if yours look like this. Get down the clinic fast before they drop off laugh.gif

Dear Kobe Ringpiece.

Thanks for signing the guest book on my website. You didn't put your email so I have to reply in this forum, but that was big of you to offer the olive branch. We all get a bit worked up about the footy, none more so than me.

But I love a bit of good-humored banter whether it takes the piss out of prawn sandwich eaters or Dwight Yorke's shagging exploits - it's fine by me. Personally, I never lived in Manchester so I didn't grow up with that United vs City rivalry. City are just another club in the premier to me. I'd much rather us give Bolton, Leeds or Arsenal a good thrashing. And Liverpool of course.

Not sure about the guy you are talking about, but in the USA, players of any sport tend to write books for (usually) one of 2 reasons. 1) They are at the top of the game, and anything they do sells, so they go for the quick cash in. 2) They are long out of the limelight, and need a few bucks, or have a need to get back in the spot light. Look at the basketball start Wilt Chamberlin, he was out of the game for decades, nobody ever talked about him, then he writes a book saying he shagged 14,000 babes, and is suddenly a house hold word again.

The easy answer is that they dont write the books. They get some sucker to ghost write it for them!

Latest one is with Keane and now apparently its all the ghost writers fault as he took some artistic license !!!!!!! So it wasnt Keane that commited assault that day it was some journalist, thats ok then. But then Keane and Man Utd approved the manuscript before publication. With his record he should have had at least a 10 match ban by now for his thuggery, but no, not with who he plays for.

Lets face it, if he had not been famous and had done that on the streets he would have been arrested for assault. Will the police be interested on an admitted premediated attack ? Fat chance.

Who is surprised that Fergie is backing him? He was a whinger with Baa-berdeen and he is still one now who loves to back his own players while complaining about the bumpy pitch, the bad referee and oh my the Hungarians changed their tactics. Bad boys !! didnt they realise they were supposed to roll over and play dead so Utd ( and the other big guns ) can claim their place at the tv money trough - oops sorry Champions League.

"With his record he should have had at least a 10 match ban by now for his thuggery, but no, not with who he plays for. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every seen an old firm match???

Bet that doesn't happen at Ibrox!!

Keanes tackle on Haaland is mild compared to some of the things that have gone on at Ibrox.

I don't suppose you remember Souness,as player manger, instructing Rangers players to "kick f**king lumps" out of another team in a european game at Ibrox.

But then rangers fans always love a bit of Paddy bashing then don't they???

When did rangers last make the group stages of the Champions League??Jealous maybe??

Archived