Suicidal Punters. Why? *DELETED*

>You gotta look at women in a very sexual way or what?s the point. Take the sex out and what?s left ?then frankly I?d rather live alone, which I do anyway.<

different strokes for different folkes. i live with the same woman since more than 8 years, and i enjoy very much the symbiotic relationship we have been able to achieve.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everybody has a breaking point. often the presumably strong ones break much faster than the softer people.

IMO is has more to do with the ability to adapt than with a strong will

[color:purple] You mis-read me. I didn't refer to a "strong willed person", I speak of a "strong will to survive"

You have a strong will to survive or strong sense of self preservation then you will adapt to circumstances. color=purple>

"Simply put, don't you think that LOS attracts some sad f**ks" ?"

I do think so, but far more sad f**ks stay home. Do they whack themselves wih greater or less frequency back home?

Yes,

but the sad f**ks who come here are already completely free from the ties they have at home. It's easier to kill yourself when there is no family or friends around to change your mind.

cheers,

soongmak

I think those who kill them selves, especially behind a lost bargirl or any girl for that matter:

A) Does not have a great love for himself

B) Has not experienced adversity before in life

these two factors I feel weigh heavily in ones decision to off himself.

If you love yourself and respect your foundations (family, life experiences etc.) then you will take everything in stride.

Mykal

I guess trying to find a commonality amongst those who off themselves in LOS I would guess that its the middle aged punter (usually but not as a rule) who thought he found a new lease on life through his girl. He made her the center of his universe and probably didn't realize he could ever be as giddy in love as he was when he was a 15 y.o. with his first major crush.

Some of these guys may have left everything behind. A family, good job, friends, etc. to be with the love of his life.

Then of course it gets shattered when he realizes his 'tee loc' was just milking him all along. I for one don't think I would ever consider suicide, I'm much too egotistical for that : ) But, like most, I may be bitter, etc. and that's about it.

We're all 'abnormal' in my opinion. I don't necessarily mean in a bad way (although some of us may qualify : ) but not too many of our 'normal' countrymen and neighbors would do what we do. Whether its out of a puritan morals, fear, whatever, they do not take that extra step and never will in all facets of life. So, the suicidal person is already, out of the ordinary in that sense.

Interesting thread. CS, I think your comments are quite accurate.

"...who thought he found a new lease on life through his girl."

I believe suicide probably happens more to older punters who,

as mentioned already, gave up everything they had at home, probably after years of being frustrated and bored in some shit job and meaningless relationship(s), and put too much hope in some young BG who makes them feel alive again.

After the bubble bursts, I expect some guys have no support or place to go to start over and in a moment of drunken despondency kill themselves.

Life is tough all over, even in farangland. Riding the subway from work the other day (in the US), I looked around at some of the faces of the working class poor on my train and it occured to me that many of them probably hadn't been "excited" about anything in 10, 15, 20 years. By that I mean going on a trip, or a date, or something fun.

Everytime I go to LOS I have this "excitement", like when I was a kid, and I feel very lucky for it. I believe I have more fun in a few weeks in LOS then some people have in their whole lives. I looked at one older woman in particular, overweight, oldish looking, carrying her lunch bag, probably struggling financially. Who would go out with her? It was Friday 5:45pm the weekend lay ahead and my guess was the most "excitement" she was going to have was what she would watch on TV.

I suspect the male version of this sees Thailand as a way to live again.

I think other places where punters gather the same thing happens. A friend of mine who lives in Costa Rica told me of a similar sad story down there.

I think the downward spiral was already built in before the guy came to LOS. Or at least, the guy had some serious affective problems or immaturity, i agree with fly, it can lead to a head on collision when stuck in the fast lane of the sex scene with illusions about it. reading the Pattayamail, it's often a gay tourist they mention taking his life. Some guy may struggle with their sexual orientation at home, come here, all is fine, but soon disappointment brings him to square one and it can be like hitting the lows of desparation. Funny how paradise can suddenly turn into hell. Personally, i think most of us have problems, or feeling of inadequacies in the modern settings of our life, and Thailand is just no cure but more like a pain killer. I have to be frank, i do not refuse to ask myself questions about the whole "thai incident" in my life. i may someday wake up from it and wonder what was this all about, though i doubt it, because going there really was like a second birth to me. Still, the hours on NANA, the passion and fantasy I have for the place beg questions, that may be vexing at times.

everybody has a breaking point. often the presumably strong ones break much faster than the softer people

-----------------------------

great point. Who is stronger, the guy who thinks he is unvulnerable and will not face to his failings or the guy who accepts vulnerability and learns to cope.

the excessive amount of personal freedom here can make people go completely looney. at home those guys have to observe a certain daily ritual like work which instills somehow a kind of discipline.

-----------------------------

there is something like too much freedom too fast. A lot of guys come from a rather regimented life, especially in the head, and coming here, becomes like a child again, all is so cheap, so full of promises, just reach with your hand and some candy money in your pocket. Sadly, one cannot go back in time, and you are what you have become thru your life. Either you recognize the fantasy of girls and sex for what it is, or address your falling in love as a middle-aged man or you are bound to have some sorry morning wake-ups. thailand is no candy store if you are coming to give some sense to your life, esp. if burning bridges behind you.

I may be talking about a guy you may be illuding to here, but I knew a guy who was 57, had a few grown kids, a wife the whole Aamerican dream package. He went to LOS on an engineering gig, he met a BG and went home, dumped the wife , the cars, the house, job, wrote it all off and went back to look for the bg. She was it turns out married up country. He gave it all up for a dream, and lost. He ended up offing himself...somewhere in Thailand (I don't want to be to specific, out of respect). We could argue that this guy was a loser, or just plain crazy, but the fact is, this guy wanted another chance at life/youth/happiness. He gave it all up for that dream, in an odd way, I admire him for it.

Archived