Report 90 days for One-Year-Visa

didierhardy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 10 or so expats in my office do. Well, actually we have a person whose job it is to take care of that stuff. She collects our passports every 90 days and brings them back later that same day with the new receipt stapled inside. Does it for the wives and kids as well.

I have never actually been inside Immigration on Suan Plu.

TH

I would be interested to learn how you get a work permit renewed without a 90 day report (a document that summarizes what you accomplished for your employer during the past 90 days). The context of the term "90 day report" is blurry - I think it is necessary for renewal of 90 day work permits, but is not separately enforced just for visas.

I welcome clarification. I never stop leraning about quirks in the system.

Stone Soup

We also do this reporting every 90 days - and every work permit holder that I know of also does it. You don't have to do it in person, you can have a messenger or another person do it for you (there is a form that you fill out and sign that gives them permission).

It seems that this is important if you are maintaining and renewing your Visa/Work Permit - you will be fined or at least notified that you did not do it by the officer the next time that you need to renew.

If you leave the country, Immigration at the airport will not check for this (at least they don't seem to have the ability to check now).

Other Immigration offices besides Bangkok have not been enforcing this regulation.

And yes, they did not put a reminder in my passport this time, but it states the requirment on the TM arrival card (white paper).

I would recommend that you do the requirement, if you need to renew your visa/work permit in country.

Cheers!

My understanding is that leaving and returning to the kingdom is the same thing as making the report to Immigration. I have been told that since you were reporting your address on the the entry form on arrival you don't need to report address to Immigration office.

TH

Ay my place of work, there are 20 odd foreigners and as far as I know, only two do it. One or two have had to pay a 1,000 baht fine for not doing it, and the rest have never had a problem. Obviously it should be done - as it is the law, but it seems that this is one regulation where many people are lax. I am with Fly in that I have never heard of anyone having a problem with work permit renewal based on failure to complete this procedure.

Stick

Archived