OK the sex is great, but then what?

IMO apart from the physical attraction (not necessarily mutual), there is often very little else. There are tremendous cultural differences, communication is limited for various reasons, few common interests outside the bedroom etc.

[color:purple] I guess if you want a woman that can talk politics, economics, high society art and cultutre as a companion then you will get bored with a BG or any girl that does not share your same educational, social and cultural background. Personally, I think the intellectual compatability thing with your mate is so over rated and is really a facet of the Western concept of the "trophy wife" who improves your status in public(basically someone you can brag about).

I find many of my male friends from the west look at women from a balance sheet perspective; adding up her physical, educational, financial assets and liabilities instead of taking stock of the emotional and spiritual contributions of the woman. I know way too many married men who will brag about their wives educational and career accomplishments yet they have a stripper or a waitress/actress as a mistress and find reasons to "work late"

I find many highly educated people mind numbingly dull and having a conversation with them is akin to watching paint dry(this is also true of some poorly educated ones). I want stimulating political socio-economic and cultural conversation then I have my school mates to talk to or I can go to a cocktail party. I want to feel special and loved then I have my woman.

The short answer to your question Oran is really not that complicated. Most guys are not looking for the Holy Grail of the "superwoman". Most men want to marry or seek the companionship of a woman that makes them feel good in an emotional way. I call it that "warm and fuzzy feeling" inside.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, I get bored real quick if I find myself in any GoGo bar around PP, SC or NP. Its all to superficial. Can't have a decent conversation because of the noise, and even without the noise conversation with the average BG is very limited.

-------------------------------

I would think most guys who naturally tend to substance and relationship feel like you, except for that special one they met.

I think someone who does not live in LOS, has not come here repeatedly for years, will really enjoy the company of A BG he clicks with. If they go places with her, and she gives them the same attention they give her, the memories will not be about boredom but happiness. And coming from a different background, you actually learn a lot from being around a BG. her life, her family, life in Thailand, and all the funny cultural quiprodquos and moments you get into. even the arguments are a lesson in thai/farang psychology.

Guest lazyphil

<<I think someone who does not live in LOS, has not come here repeatedly for years, will really enjoy the company of A BG he clicks with. If they go places with her, and she gives them the same attention they give her, the memories will not be about boredom but happiness. And coming from a different background, you actually learn a lot from being around a BG. her life, her family, life in Thailand, and all the funny cultural quiprodquos and moments you get into. even the arguments are a lesson in thai/farang psychology>>

I'm feeling even more idle than usual. Both yourself and jjsushi have spoken for me tonight.

Oran, some get happy with bg's or low class dark skinned poorly educated non bg's. Just accept it.

I think there are 4 different instances of farang dating thai women, and to be with a Bg/freelancer does not necessarily mean you end up with the pitfalls associated with their job:

1) date for sex (barfine, one night standing GTG/freelancer)

2) spend time with "worker" who wants and schemes for your money

3) spend time with "worker", who may eventually become your wife, if not most likely you had a wonderful time.

4) spend time with "GTG", who may event... (same as above).

None of these require intellectual compatibility. It may come with the tryst, but not a pre-requisite for romance.

depends how horny you are and how you rate shagging relative to conversation. . for me at least most conversation with females is talking them into doing something nasty. Can?t see much else to do with them. Seeing as we?re paying for it most of the time (unless you luck out with some uni totty talking philosophical sex and the economics of sex) which rules out any necessity there other than agreeing on price. looking at the long lines around the embassies just goes to show how horny a lot of blokes are, and looking at the state of most of the girls at the embassies how desperate the blokes are to go through all the bs take them home. Can only surmise the chocoholic whales back home are worse. Good thing is if you fuck enough of them they all start to blur.. Men need to be able to think straight..not easy with a half naked teenage delinquent tagging along. Having said that, it?s hard to beat a really good superficial fuck on a sweltering tropical afternoon with absolutely zero conversation.

"How long will this last before both of you are looking for someone with whom you can connect better, has the same level and types of interest, other than sex?"

... 30 minutes.

a function of money supply and distribution (M1 in the financial world of Sukhumvit..as in ?how?s the rate of growth of your M1 today? as heard, in Thai, in an aside between two go-go dancers using day-glo dildos as pointers at the Caravel last night to make fair estimations as they pinged the ends of their respective punters? dicks with the lubed devices.

3d

Sorry, fripence, but it looks more like you are the horny type rather than the guys queuing in the embassy. That is if I understood your point that horny is the only way to go with women. Your choice, but do not bring down or up others to your level, it just seems you are projecting your horniness in perimeters (the embassy, for ex.) where most guys have gone beyond it already. Rightly or wrongly, but that's another topic.

127, I take your point. at a rough guess I?d say lots of guys coming to LOS are horny types who?d like to continue in the same way with their sweethearts back home after sampling the offerings. My issue is with quality of looks and quality of intent as stated but each to his own. Many of those you speak of are at my level and don?t need to be brought up or down. Having visited various embassy compounds on business I had first hand sightings as to the looks and dress of many puyings applying for visas. Many turn up so badly dressed the embassy officials give them about two minutes then reject them. Some dress well. Some are ugly some are pretty. Go look yourself and you?ll see what I mean. Agreed some guys have got beyond the horny point at visa app stage and many haven?t. love and lust are easily confused to the eternal regret of some. Btw I didn?t bring up embassies, just followed on with some points. For those who find unconditional love with honest girls I take my hat off to them but that?s not the topic, bearing in mind I refered only to some of the guys at the embassies. some women in LOS, being the tricky creatures they are, requires us to be vigilant with them all. this helps everybody to find out before the fact, not after.

To get back to the topic ?OK the sex is great but what then??

in many cases, nothing. Jai yen, krap.

Archived