OK the sex is great, but then what?

Thaigirllover,

Your response is an accumulation of bitterness and resentfulness that many others have previously responded about bar girls. If you want a real negative opinion of falangs, ask regular thai girls about their perception of falnags. Of course there are exceptions and of course i spoke in generalizations. Yet, i will still hold that my observations about falangs are correct. as to why they come to thailand and get involved with bar girls.

I never mentioned many of the words (GTG, etc) that you mentioned in your two posts. You are also speaking out of both sides of your mouth. One minute you are commending academic smarts and than the next you are saying bar girls are smarter than highly educated people like your wife. Which one is it?

Won't agree with you that bar girls are smarter than the average population. Yes, street smarts for survival means only. That is all they need to get along. General knowledge and intellect far from yet. If you want to split the financial cost a random sample of the intellect capability of bar girls, I would be up for it.

It would be very interesting to know what their IQ level is as an aggregate. It would definately support or refuter my own hypotheseis i have formed about them.

Your choosing of hanging around bar girls now rather than back in your own country trying to develop/form new relationships and defending your actions as to why is exactly what my post is all about. Ask yourself why you are here or come here?

You have actually help validate my response. Sorry about the outcome of your previous relationship.

Cardinalblue

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General knowledge and intellect far from yet

--------------------------

i doubt that the common farang will be approaching a GTG for these reasons. Which will be for the most part the same as being attracted towards a BG, attractive, available and fun to be with. You get as much entertaining discussion from a freelancer as you'll get from most GTGs, if not more. Which may not seem much, but sorry, I dated both and I have failed to see much difference in topics, especially as they (topics) tend to come out along the way, visiting family, friends, sights, seeing thai life around you, nightclubbing, eating, etc.... Sure, i met a couple very educated and interesting GTGs, but I hang around quite a bit, and for many years, not sure you can just wait and see until one like this shows up, while there's no harm dating a "scene" girl, since you had excellent memories of the ones you've hung out with before. You'd be a fool not to, and if that spells romance without intellect, so what? (to see my reply to that, re-read the post, a never-ending loop though tongue.gif )

Won't agree with you that bar girls are smarter than the average population. Yes, street smarts for survival means only. That is all they need to get along. General knowledge and intellect far from yet. If you want to split the financial cost a random sample of the intellect capability of bar girls, I would be up for it.

It would be very interesting to know what their IQ level is as an aggregate. It would definately support or refuter my own hypotheseis i have formed about them.

[color:purple]

A little confused by your posts are you speaking of intelligence or formal education? Intelligence is simply the capacity to think and reason or learn and apply knowledge. Some people have the capacity to do it better than others.

Street survival is a form of knowledge and intellect is neccessary to navigate it; the same goes for learning at an institution of formal education. There are different skill sets needed to survive in either environment but in no way make the mistake that those in one environment are intellectually superior than the other.

I think you would err greatly if you are implying that collectively BG's have some sort of sub-par intelligence to the average Thai populace. Remember that the average populace sample would also include the deaf, dumb and blind.

Would be interesting to know why and how you derive your hypothesis that a Thai prostitute is intellectually inferior in some capacity because she sells her body for cash

I won't even get into the IQ test issue because that is another can of worms.

I dated both and I have failed to see much difference in topics, especially as they (topics) tend to come out along the way, visiting family, friends, sights, seeing thai life around you, nightclubbing, eating, etc....

I tend to find that women the world over tend to talk about the same things.

Heck in the States, Oprah Winfrey's show has been a huge success for years because she appeals to almost every socio-economic, cultural and ethnic woman's demographic group. They all in a basic sense really care about the same things.

I think you would err greatly if you are implying that collectively BG's have some sort of sub-par intelligence to the average Thai populace. Remember that the average populace sample would also include the deaf, dumb and blind.

I would agree, but only because Thailand is anything but meritocracy. In the Western societies, only those women who cannot make it become prostitues. That means mentally ill, addicts, and the dumb ones.

Actually, in Thailand as well, only those who cannot make it become prostitutes. But the selection criteria is different. Wealth, appearance, place of origin. Certainly not IQ.

What you are basically saying is that a sub-population of the low class has the same intellect of the general population. I don't think you could find a country in the world that this would hold true. And yes, the blind and dumb would be factored as it is in all general population studies. Unless thailand is any different from other countries, this would have no bearing on the results. Their size is just too small to impact the results.

I did share your posts this morning with a group of thai teachers and they had a good laugh. One responded "What, another stupid falang married a girl who work bar. But this is good. We need more falangs to give to our economy" I had to explain to them this guy is not stupid at all. He is actually quite bright, but he just has an unconditonal love for bar girls. I told them kind of like Bill Clinton and they understood......

Cardinalblue

>"What, another stupid falang married a girl who work bar. But this is good. We need more falangs to give to our economy" <

that is one of the reasons i do not like to associate with many of the middle classes here in thailand, incredible arrogance.

it just beats me why some farang seem to forget the ideals they grew up with just to be able to suck up to those folks.

does that make you feel somehow better about yourself, you know, feeling that you are a small step higher in the foodchain than the vast majority of this country?

>Intelligence is simply the capacity to think and reason or learn and apply knowledge.

How about: Intelligence is the capacity to cope with unknown situations.

Like mice in maze. Like sportsmen in "confrontational" sports.

I put my money on bgs. They would beat almost any gtg.

Street smarts might be a "wisdom" such intelligence, with no formal education bears.

What you are basically saying is that a sub-population of the low class has the same intellect of the general population.

No that is not what I am saying. My point is that I believe you don't understand what intelligence is. IMO you are confusing formal education with intelligence. You further strengthen my opinion by now mentioning low class as some criteria of intelligence. I hate to tell you but class is not an indication of intelligence either, it is an artificial artifice used by the haves to socially subjugate the have nots.

color=purple>

I did share your posts this morning with a group of thai teachers and they had a good laugh. One responded "What, another stupid falang married a girl who work bar. But this is good. We need more falangs to give to our economy"

I am glad that I have provided you and your colleagues some amusement. We all need a good laugh to get us through the day. Pity, I would find it very dissapointing if that comment is the the most enlightened remark your group of Illuminati could manage. You could inform them that I am not married to a BG but I also wouldn't rule it out in the future(might get you a few more chuckles).

They feel they need more farangs to give to the Thai economy huh? I find that a very telling remark and would pursue that topic with them.

color=purple>

I had to explain to them this guy is not stupid at all.

Thank you for the compliment

color=purple>

He is actually quite bright, but he just has an unconditonal love for bar girls. I told them kind of like Bill Clinton and they understood......

Now that is truly a magnanimous remark. Bill Clinton is an intellectual genius, truly brilliant and has a wealth of charisma. You make me blush.

Seriously though, aside from your little anecdote would you care to address any of the points I raised in the previous post regarding you theories on BG intelligence?

Archived