OK the sex is great, but then what?

I did share your posts this morning with a group of thai teachers and they had a good laugh. One responded "What, another stupid falang married a girl who work bar. But this is good. We need more falangs to give to our economy"

---------------------------------

they sure do, because they can't make it work themselves. I think this mention in your post is gratuitous and does not say much, other than showing their conceit. tell the blighters at least we can get what we want, when and how we want it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are B/G's smart??? Is this now the debate/question?

Well...let's have a quick look at this. Thai construction worker - 170 bht/day. Thai secretary - 275 bht/day. Agressive, popular, average looking B/G - 2,000 bht/day.

I'd say B/G's were around 700% smarter than the secretaries laughing at them, because B/G only needs to work 5 years, to accomplish what it will take the women in the office 35 years to do.

What would you do for a 700% pay raise? (might make for a good thread) smile.gif

Are Thai B/G's smart/intelligent?.......It would certainly appear so. Much more so than the beauty working in a Thai restaurant. Kind of like holding the plans to the perpetual motion machine, and not having the brains to file for the patent.

Just one way to look at it.

HT

flyzone,

I was disappointed with her remarks. I don't see it as much arrogance as ignorance.

I think for the most part, most Thias don't have much to say about falangs one way or the other. For those Thais (mainly bangorians) who do share their opinions, they are pretty negative towards falangs. I have found this much more in the middle class than from the low class.

Your comment about forgetting one ideals I think is inappropriate. This is their country and i play by their rules. It also doesn't help that corruption is institutionized.

And finally your comment about being in their food chain. I am not financially dependent on their system so I don't see myself caught up in that. I solely rely on funds from the US so my existence here is not colored by trying to fit into their socio-econ hierarchy.

Cardinalblue

Hmm - following your logic HT, if you are looking for an smart/intelligent girl you should target prostitutes?

Why limit this to Thailand? Hookers make money everywhere so surely this can be said on a general basis?

Sorry, but I don't think this line of work requires brains. I don't think the punters are paying for that quality either. Making money does not necessarily require smartness/intelligence. Just look at the average footballer in the premier league smile.gif

Cheers!

"...I dont think they stand a chance interacting with lots of farangs at say a function; without embarrassing everybody from themselves, their boyfriend and the other guests."

Oh, so I guess you are the kind of guy who shows up with a young, attractive, engaging, erudite woman who ensure your upward mobility at "work" events. Let me tell you that there is nothing embarrassing about a quite and demur woman at a work event . Most of the western women that I have met at work events have been opinionated cows, some of whom get drunk and embarrass the hell out of the husbands. I have seem many more embarrassing western women than Thai women.

right on jxxxl, you tell him wink.gif On the other hand if I were present at one of these functions wherein there was a attractive young thai lady present she might appreciate some conversation, an exchange of telephone numbers and an opportunity to interact at a higher level, if she were willing, that is, to provide physical relief from the boredom.

regards

3d

Spirit,

"Thai girls seem so parochial and uninformed ... I dont think they stand a chance interacting with lots of farangs at say a function; without embarrassing everybody ..."

I know what you're saying, but at least the typical Thai woman will keep her mouth shut thereby avoiding much potential embarassment. Many farang, men and women both, are also parochial and uninformed, but their tendancy is to share their lack of knowledge with everyone around them.

The saying "better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak up and eliminate all doubt" originated in Farangland, I believe.

Regards, JEff

I did share your posts this morning with a group of thai teachers and they had a good laugh.

Thai teachers, now that's a category all by itself. I've had a number of native Thais as Thai language teachers. The ones who were professional teachers, including a retired Chula professor, were absolutely dismal, no exceptions. Everyone else, including many BGs, were far better at teaching than Thai teachers.

So I will take their opinions and have a good laugh.

Btw, if poorly (and sometimes even not so poorly) educated Thais seem stupid (as in having low IQ) it is very misleading. The dismal quality of Thai teachers combined with an equally dismal curricula has an effect of making them appear less intelligent than they are.

"That's where the GTGs level it down. There's no money saved 5 years on. easy made, easy spent. No smarts there. "

Excuse me, but I react more and more to the stereotypes in posts here. "GTG's" what the hell is that? Is it one group, with same views, same age and all? Can a person be a "GTG" if she lost her virginity when she was 12? But has a normal job?

Yeah, I am guilty also. I put all the prostitutes (I prefer to use that term instead of BG's) into one group. What if a person was a hooker for 3 months? Maybe forced into it? Is she a "GTG" when this happened years ago?

Maybe these stereotypes are needed to discuss these matters. But it also gets out some pretty stupid statements.

Archived