Biergarten ?

Pom_Jao_Choo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the term as used on this board usually refers to the specific "Beergarden" on Sukhumvit Soi 7. It is a freelancer place about 250 meters off Sukhumvit, on the left side as you proceed away from Sukhumvit.

It is an open-air place, but from outside it almost looks like a flat-top building. It is surrounded by two meter high white walls, and has a corrugated metal roof, with maybe 25 cm clearance between walls and roof.

Inside, it is maybe 35 meters square, with a series of inner "island" style service bars, and an assortment of stand-alone countertops around the periphery. Stool seating throughout. In one quadrant are tables with proper chairs - this is the restaurant section (although you can also eat at the bar).

Inside, the walls and ceiling are pretty nondescript - no one pays any attention to the surroundings anyway.

Serves food and drinks of all sorts.

It is your basic "meatmarket" circus, operating from early afternoon until after midnight. Bar employees just work, all the "working" ladies here are freelancers.

The format is that punters sit at the inner rings of the circus, drinking obligatory drinks. Most of the hopeful ladies sit at the peripheral counters, applying occular pressure to the punters, in hopes of being invited to join a farang at the inner bar for a drink.

There is a well-practiced "ballet" that unfolds about sundown, with the girls all vying for the perceived easy marks. A contingent of finer talent tends to set up along a little chute that leads in from the one and only entrance into the main arena - you basically have to "walk the gauntlet" past this collection.

Music is mostly 80's and 90's pop.

This is one of only a handful of places where you can find a decent concentration of freelancers before sundown in BKK - alomst every other place that's open daytimes involves a barfine. One weekends, and between university sessions, there are often some true gems among the habitual ladies here.

'Hope that anwers the mail.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Stone Soup has described the place very vivdly. One thing to ad: Even beeing a very comunicative person, I hardly find a punter to have a chat with. They are either dead drunk, depressed or suspicious that one might "steal" the lady they are after from them. (Or a mixture thereof)

A whole diffrent story from the other beerbars, where I have over the years met the funniest people you can think of.

I usually drop in for a beer once a trip. Seems a depressing place and has been decribed by others as the "daytime Thermae" Good spot for a beer but the girls I have seen are average...and thats being kind.

"I usually drop in for a beer once a trip. Seems a depressing place and has been decribed by others as the "daytime Thermae" Good spot for a beer but the girls I have seen are average...and thats being kind. "

Yeap it is a bit depressing.

BUT: Last Trip on Feb. 2002 I picked up a real Winner there. (Or better she picked me). Good English, Great personality and SUPER sex. Spent a couple of days with her until she just disappeared - leaving her last installment undelivered.

So there are some good ones there, you just ahve to ba a little patient - like in the whole of LOS

BelgianBoy wrote:

"Stone Soup, Right on, good description, only 1 mistake : the size of 35 meter square would be an average hotelroom, I would say it is closer to 350 meter square"

I hate to be a pain in the arse but isn't 350 meter square equal to 122,500 square metres? That would be about the size of almost 20 soccer pitches!!!!

BelgianBoy, can you advise me of the hotel where you stay where that is the average hotel room size. How big are the beds in that hotel smile.gif

Cheers

Fatbastard33

I hate to be a pain in the arse but isn't 350 meter square equal to 122,500 square metres? That would be about the size of almost 20 soccer pitches!!!!

BelgianBoy, can you advise me of the hotel where you stay where that is the average hotel room size. How big are the beds in that hotel

Cheers

Fatbastard33

---------------------------

FB33,

Dont know where you are from, but you have your metric system a bit fucked up smile.gif

""350 meter square equal to 122,500 square metres"" = how can that be ???? ( you do 350 x 350 = why ? )

A kingsize bed is 2 x 2 meter or 4 m², a soccer field is 50 x 100 meter or 5000 m²

1 meter x 1 meter = 1 meter square, or 1 meter equals 3 foot something, then 1 m² equals 9,++ foot square.

Lets assume a hotel room to be 3.5 x 6 meter, that would be 21 m², or something like 200 foot square, right ?

I guess / estimate ( from memory ) to BG7 to be abt 12 x 30 meter, or 360 m²..........

Cheers !

Archived