Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Says Bangkok Phil:

I look at other player's teams and don't see many Spurs players around. They're playing some decent football and up there at the top of the league. Is it that no one player really stands out?

There's Poyet, of course. Used to be first on my fantasy team sheet. He looked lively against Liverpool and was unlucky not to score. If he were a little bit cheaper..

I ran the rule over Davies even before the season had started and I'm still considering it. He's an exciting player and he's been on fire this season. If there were any justice, he'd have 5 or 6 bonuses already. The fact that he hasn't has probably stopped me getting him.

Just how Hamann can get bonuses in more than half his games just by spreading a few sideways passes around bemuses me. Shouldn't we reward exciting enterprise and skill out of the ordinary, like Davies's?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the highlights it mentioned that he'd picked up a knock on the knee in midweek. However, I didn't hear that anywhere else (and I check everywhere beforehand!)
I also checked everywhere and heard nothing about him not playing, maybe Fergie tactics,
Just how Hamann can get bonuses in more than half his games just by spreading a few sideways passes around bemuses me. Shouldn't we reward exciting enterprise and skill out of the ordinary, like Davies's?

I believe you under estimate Hamann, he is the quiet achiever in the Liverpool side, you never notice him in a game much but he always is there and hardly ever letting a player with the ball past him,

Liverpool would have lost the game without him against Spurs that's why the bonus points, Did you see the great save he did right on the goal line that had beaten the keeper,

I did in fact use my one free transfer to buy Davies of Spurs and boot out Legwinski of Fulham.

Providing there are no injuries I don't have to do a whole lot of tinkering with next Saturdays teams (actually there are more games on Sunday)

Liverpool vs West Ham is surely a home banker - Owen could get a hatful. Do I play Baros (the 1 point superstar)? I think Murphy or Gerrard for captain.

Leeds home to Everton - can see Leeds keeping a clean sheet there.

Arsenal away at Fulham. Got a feeling that the Arse will get back on track and score about 3 or 4. Fulham are dire.

I think for your bit players, Charlton at home to Sunderland looks a good home bet with poss one or two goals.

Tottenham against Chelsea at White Hart Lane could go either way.

Says racha:

I believe you under estimate Hamann, he is the quiet achiever in the Liverpool side, you never notice him in a game much but he always is there and hardly ever letting a player with the ball past him,

Liverpool would have lost the game without him against Spurs that's why the bonus points, Did you see the great save he did right on the goal line that had beaten the keeper,

Pah! "Great save"? I knew someone would mention that. It hit him on the goal line. He was the man on the post. It was his job. The guy who had the header and had won the corner, Poyet, had a better game than Hamann and got nothing.

Come on, he's competent at what he does but he hardly merits a precious bonus in 6 out of 11 games, does he?

It is time to make the move in the league, and hopefully not downwards.

I'm looking into the crystal ball for the big time scorer for this week's surge up the ladder.

A little searching has shown the following :

Lua-Lua (13)

Diouf / Bowyer (13)

Dunn (13)

Anelka (17)

Nemeth / Morrison / Zola (13)

Cambell (13)

Friedel / Queudrue / Hendrie (12)

Toure (18)

Scholes (17)

Taylor (16)

Beattie (17)

Past performances are not a good indicator for future glory, so does anyone have any feelings for Game Week 6 ?

Maybe a week for Hyypia to score from the back ? Geremi / Gerrard / Murphy / Hamann / Henry and Wiltord are all on the "Dream Team" without being the highest scorer for any week.

Cheers! :)

Well, going by the records so far this season, Blackburn players are a good bet this week as they play Villa at home - Villa are the worst away team in the Premiership. Ditto Man Utd, simply because they're at home to Southampton, who don't travel well. And Charlton host Sunderland, who've only scored 5 goals all season. (I'm thinking of basing my whole strategy around choosing whoever plays crappy teams each week.)

Racha, I also did not hear anything about Giggs not playing, until 2 minutes after the game started. None of the games were being showed live on Sky Sports but they reported then that Giggs was in the squad but had just hurt himself in training just before the beginning of the Sat. game.

Lee Bowyer had somehow been credited with both Leeds goals so had 12 points.I had noticed this and checked some other teams but they only had 7 for Bowyer.Anyway thought I'd keep my mouth shut and hope it would slip by :: but obviously somebody else spotted the mistake.

:(Pity though,could have done with the extra points!

Archived