Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Hurray! Bowyer's value's gone down at last, just a few days after I flogged him. It was long overdue - 1267 sells to 219 buys couldn't do anything else. (If you want a fantasy football midfield stalwart btw then how about the recently returned Poyet or Pires instead?)

Another slider with the writing long on the wall was Anelka - down 0.1 with 1813 sells to 454 buys.

And looking down the transfers out column recently, Inamoto doesn't look safe. Now 50% more sold than bought, from a very promising position, there's plenty of momentum there.

Bit upset that that perfectly good "offside" goal was disallowed last night. With a Jole Cole assist, I could have been within 1 point of Boner Loner or possibly even top if that had spurred them into awarding him one of those mysterious bonuses for it.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know when the next gameweek with teams playing more than once ?

Is this info easy to find for future weeks ? I can see this weeks and next weeks schedule on the Home page so I can see that there is not any for this coming week.

I plan to only use the free transfer this week, and luckily I don't have Bowyer or Inamoto to demote. So it is time to strenghten my defense using the free transfer, and save the 4 points for a week with extra games in it to try to gain maximum benefits.

Cheers!

Just click on the Fixtures link in the quick links and it gives you a list of dates for all the gameweeks.You'll just have to go through each week in turn to find a double game week.

Seem to have a lot of dead wood in my team so Anelka and Inamoto both bought the bullet so I expect both will score lots of points next week just to f**king annoy me.Bowyer is definetly next on my list.

Shearer and Owen are both bang in form but had to settle for the geordie git as I have 3 Liverpool legends already in my side.Of course this means Owen will probably hit 5 against spurs on sat.

At least we should be still top!!!!! ;)

I finally got the balls for some hacking and slashing, 4 transfers this week.

Out go Bowyer and Inamoto from the midfield and a change of tactics up front by going for 3 strikers. Pondered over this for a while, should I go for another high priced scorer ala Shearer and a cheap donkey on the bench or have 2 regular point scorers. Finally settled on the latter, so out went Wiltord and a reserve, Pederson, in come Zola and Campbell.

Bit of a gamble but something had to be done after last week's crap showing.

Good luck lads ..

K

I've got rid of Robbie Savage of Birmingham and brought in someone from West Brom. Now how's that for a feeble transfer?

The problem I have is that I can't afford to buy the players I want. I've talked about getting rid of Anelka, but you can't buy anyone decent or better than him for the same money.

If I were to boot out Anelka and bring in Shearer for example, then it would mean going into debt and being forced to downgrade at least two other players (thus having a crappier all-round squad and making 3 transfers just to get Shearer)

Still, if the gloved one can go out and smash a hat-trick away at Birmingham, all will be forgiven.

I was speaking tp Phiket Pete on the phone today and we both agreed that Henry has become something of a worry. He's already admitted that he's knackered from playing too many games and one wonders if he might come off the bench for the next one.

There are 30 players better than Anelka for points at the moment, quite a few of whom are forwards, and cheaper too. You just can't bring yourself to buy Sheringham, Campbell, Kanu or Radzinski, can you? If you haven't already got 3 Boro players then Maccarone's a more bearable choice.

I was just getting happy with my team apart from Joe Cole, who was a stopgap choice for the 2-game week and his propensity to get bonuses. I've noticed that Hamann gets a lot of those too and with Liverpool's clean sheets starting to get into gear again, I may swallow my dislike of his stodgy style and buy him for points sake.

I say "just getting happy" but now doubts are starting to set in over my poor defensive showing. Boro are beginning to stutter and Griffin hasn't picked up the points I'd hoped for(if only the Juventus game had counted!). May have to reorganise to accomodate a Liverpool regular.

Most difficult choice of the week, as always, is to choose a captain. For me, the obvious options are Zola (in excellent form and playing West Brom at home) and Giggs (form not so good but playing Villa at home and Van Nistlerooy may be back to help.) Zola at the moment though I keep changing it..

Just went on a transfer frenzy, placing me top of the table in, er, transfer activity.

These four point transfers are a right punch to the gut. Also, my new batch of transfer activity is of course accompanied by the sinking feeling that that noodle Maccarone from Boro will now score, and Bowyer will become this week's bonus darling.

Hell, I dumped Keane who then proceed to net 3 in 2 matches, so why expect anything else? Toure? Well, he will probably find a way to chalk up 18 points after a string of 1s for the frogs.

Fun, this, isn't it? Just wait until week 30 or so when things really get tense.

froggo

No, I could never bring myself to buy Sheringham.

However (and you're gonna like this) in a moment of sheer madness, I've made Anelka captain.

I just have a gut feeling that man City are going to be up for it against Bham at St Andrews. I can picture them all in the dressing room with wor Kev standing in the middle and saying "I would love it. I would fucking love it if we beat them today so I want a hat-trick from you Annie my son. But take them bloody gloves off, it's not january yet"

Then again, it'll probably backfire and Wor Kev will be shaking his permed head come 4.45 and asking if anyone's got Chris Waddle's phone number to see if he fancies doing another pop single together.

I have spent the last hour or so trying to transfer Inamoto off the squad but really could notfind anyone to replace him with.

Really wanted a Man u midfielder but too expensive. I thnk they could score a plenty against Villa.

Wanted Gravesen but again could not afford him. Everton look to be turningit around.

Eventually settled for Devlin from Birmingham as contrary to BP I think that Man City will lose. But will Devlin play?

Cisse is now back.

WBA players have some good points scores but I do not see them doing well against Chelsea.

FP I think you are right to dump Maccarone. Boro will never score many goals but will be difficult to beat. Pick their defenders.

So for you betting folk out there it is Man U to fail to scoe against Villa. Eveton to get thumped by WHU.

Devlin plays but Man City to score 4.

Chelsea to rout WBA and Boro to lose at home in a goal thriller.

Bottom line 1 hour of my life wasted. Now where is the link for the NFL fantasy league

Rats! After all my midweek machinations Giggs isn't even on the subs bench today. Curse these post-European rests..

Looks like a bad one already for me - Middlesbrough have conceded again. So have Arsenal. Toure isn't on yet but you can guarantee that he'll come on for the last ten minutes just to get me a measly 1 point. Then the guy that would have subbed for him'll get 6..

Oh - Man City have scored! But it's not Anelka. I'd laugh a lot if City get a hatful without Anelka getting any of it.. You know it's going to happen Phil..

Archived