Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Tee hee. I noticed you'd made Malbranque your captain. And at first I thought that he'd got 0 points because he didn't play. ::

Oh well, at least he's got another game this gameweek to put right the damage. Could have been worse - you could have had Dabizas and made him your captain.

I never seem to get much help from my captains either. Picked Henry this week for a measly extra 2 points. The whole captains thing is the one thing I dislike because it bears no resemblance to real life. Mind you, it could be sour grapes because Boner Loner's chosen a better captain (Van Der Saar)than me this week.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think i might have been responsible for much of the transfer acivity

6 this week. The transfer window comes early in this league.

On the road I had little or no chance to tweak the team.

So this should set me up for a while. (famous last words)

After refusing to select Henry all of last season and the start of this I eventually did this week Wow a whole 2 points. really makes the difference. Thank you Phil you were mainly responsible for my change of mind.

I have to blame someone else if I am going to be as realistic a 'fantasy' premier manager as can be.

Henry's selection can certainly not be my fault.

Pete,

Your team has only half played this week.

I was sitting pretty for the week until I looked at some of the other teams who have players that still have games left.

Sukhumvit Strikers (6) : Inamoto, Schwarzer, Southgate, Ehiogu, Bridge, Davies.

Hamptons (4) : Schwarzer, Southgate, Stockdale, Cole.

Frogs (4) : Schwarzer, Inamoto, Legwinski, Maccarone.

All Blacks (3) : Schwarzer, Legwinski, Inamoto.

Boner Loner (2) : Van der Sar, Inamoto.

Gooners (1) : Inamoto.

What is it with Inamoto ? 5 of the 6 top teams have him for this week. Did he even play in the first Fulham game ?

It looks like Schwarzer is the goalie of choice also, 4 of the six teams have him.

Cheers!

Pom Michael, You forgot one my captain Di Canio is playing again as well ::

All Blacks (4) : Schwarzer, Legwinski, Inamoto, Di Canio ©

Inamoto did not play Saturday so depends on if he gets a game against West Ham or not, I think everyone expected him to get double points at a bargain price including me,

And if they're got one of those players playing as captain (which I know some of them have) then you should count that as double..

Schwarzer's the only player that's made it right from my first Pre-Season 3 squad until now. Looking back at some of the other first stabs I made... oooh dear - Andy Cole, Ian Harte..

Apart from the nana Plaza league, I'm in another league run by D Language School - about 50 teams with a mix of teachers and students.

Top of the league is a girl called Gib - she's about 13 years old with a brace and pigtails and this week yet again picked up over 70 points.

Out of 27,000 odd people all over the world taking part in this fantasy league, she's lying 5th.

Doesn't that make you feel good.

Ah - spit in her in face and tell her there's a long way to go yet. If she's in your class spend a whole lesson on ways to say 'flash in the pan', etc.

Looking at her team, as with a lot of these top teams, I can't work out how she does it. She's got Seaman and Lomas in there for fuck's sake! Nice team strip she's got by the way.

'Big Gib' eh? Interesting... What's big about her?

Lee Bowyer....bloody useless, but who the hell do I pick to take his place? I am bloody sure that if I transfer him out he'll chip in with a brace and who ever I bring in will either not play or fain an injury just to take the piss out of me. Talk about being disgruntled.

Had it not been for the outstanding Robbie Keane my League score this week would have been disastrous. I am embarrased by such a poor performance and only wish the season could have taken into account some of the pre-season points that have now been eclipsed by complete bollocks.

A brave move by Pete to dip so heavily into the transfer market. I don't even have the balls to do that. The dart board shall be erected to the office door tomorrow...its the only way I have a chance of picking a team that may begin to prosper.

Christ a monkey could pick a better team than mine. ::

Top of the league is a girl called Gib

She is the Number 1 in Thailand as well as 5th in the world simply amazing ::

The week has not finished for her yet either, she has two Liverpool players out injured, Gerrad & Henchoz, so her subs Marinelli & Job will bring her 3 extra points, then Cole and Lomas from West Ham are to play again on Wednesday for even more points,

I'm convinced that the way to success is to cast caution to the wind and make those transfers. I've got seven lined up for this Saturday.

Look at it mathematically - those people leaving their teams alone or making their one free transfer are often scoring a crappy 35-40 points. Make 3 or 4 shrewd transfers (which is what the game's all about) and you can score easily 70 points.

Archived