Analyze your fantasy team's performance

Well it has certainly worked for me ............this week.

With one game to be played i have scored close to the 70 points well ahead of others at the time of this post but to obtain my 'real' score you have to deduct the 20 transfer points.

I will consider making transfers again this week but not to the same level as this past one.

Also all those with zero transfers are in the bottom third of the league coincidence?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, nice theory, only marred slightly when you consider that Gib, along with 5 others in the top 10, hasn't made any transfers at all yet!

The only thing I notice with the top teams compared to mine is that they have completely crap substitutes in their squads. The lowest of the low. They pick the cheapest, shittiest trash that they can as substitutes, reasoning that it'll never be needed. And it probably won't. But for some reason, I can't quite bring myself to do the same.

Last year the points came off after the round was completed

This year If you make more than your one free transfer it comes off immediately from your points, I did an extra transfer before this last round started and lost the points immediately and Bangkok Phil went from under me to above me, next time I will wait till the last minute ::

Says Bhat_Man:

Lee Bowyer....bloody useless, but who the hell do I pick to take his place? I am bloody sure that if I transfer him out he'll chip in with a brace and who ever I bring in will either not play or fain an injury just to take the piss out of me.

Hope not, because I've just got rid of him. How has his transfer value managed to stay the same? 1200 people are selling him while only 200 are buying. Surely he should have tumbled already.

Come on Joe Cole on Wednesday! Let's have a Hammers clean sheet, not a Fulham one and don't let Inamoto score!

don't let Inamoto score!

Chance would be a fine thing. Tigana doesn't seem to play him anymore and 2pts in the last 4 games just isn't good enough for this cutthroat league.

He'll probably be on his bike after tomorrow, along with Bowyer, I've had enough of the useless git as well.

Cheers

Yes, I agree that Inamoto is beginning to look like a dead weight. Glad I don't have him, but then again I've got problems of my own.

God knows how Malbranque managed to get me 10 points from a 1-0 defeat at home to West Ham. I guess he got one of those star performer bonuses, but I ask you - a star performer bonus in a home defeat to the division's almost bottom club. Come on! Not complaining though.

My own dilemma for this weekend is do I give Anelka just one more chance. Just one more?

As you are, Phil, I am still at a loss to figure out how these bonus points are awarded.

Granted, I did not see the match, but as you say - no goals in an away defeat to the Hammers and it is BONUS time!

Given I decided to go with Leg-i-am-going-to-spell-this-incorrectly-ski instead of Malbranque, it is now the place for my first new nanaplazaboard graemlins.

:: ::

froggo

Says Bangkok Phil:

My own dilemma for this weekend is do I give Anelka just one more chance. Just one more?

I've got the same problem with Bowyer. I can't bring myself to sell him. He has always been a solid points scorer, season after season and now he's lost it but I am sure he'll turn the corner.

The other bugger is Leeds playing 'Boro this weekend. With Schwarzer, Stockdale, Mills, Bowyer and Maccarone in my team do I predict a score draw, drop Maccarone and look forward to a bumper points score or do I decide that Boro are on a downward spiral following sundays dreaful showing at the Valley and drop Schwarzer and Stockdale because it's likely that Bowyer is going to have a cracking game. Its doing my head in.

I just spent an hour trying to decide what to do, who to drop and all I ended up doing was selling Inamoto and buying Morris. WHY CAN'T I JUST SELL THE BOY BOWYER.......SPINELESS!

Archived