Why?

Once time I was on the trip with my boyfriend (white guy), the whole bus was only me Thai. Behind our seat had many farang girls they were laughing and talking about Thai people. Specially Thai women, they said something like they feel sick about we all only hooker and can do everything just for money. Said like how stupid we are, we can't even speak English! We are no education, never see world, eat dogs and other shitty things. Even said all white guys who married Thai are real stupid and are loser from them country, they can't get women from them country why they came and get here.

We were very upset so my boyfriend said enough. He stood and said "excuse me, could you respect people who own the country you are traveling!"

They went quiet!

I felt very sad as something they talked is true but not all of us like what they said.

Myself I got BA from university and have a good job.

I felt in love with my boyfriend like all other girls in farangland.

We took time learning each other like them all.

Not fair!

That's just one example. Many times I heard lots of shit from them mouth when i went to pub on Silom or Sukhumvit area. Somewhere very pricey and they said something like here unwelcome for hooker!

Damn! What I done to them?? mad.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about your experiences, NutGirl.

Sadly, it comes down to the fact that there are ignorant arseholes all over the world and it's getting cheaper for them to come over here.

Just think for a minute: what kind of person comes half-way around the world but is proud of remaining so stupid. Rest assured that the kind of person to complain that "Thais eat dog" and "Thais don't speak English" isn't the most respected of people in their own country. So, don't worry too much about what idiots think.

In my own opinion, western women seem to be getting more stupid. Perhaps this stems from the rise of feminism, where they're more confident to state their own opinions, however ill-informed they might be, while men are becoming more cautious.

Nutgirl , there are stupid/ignorant/mean people the world over , your boyfreind was right to tell them to F**k off . It is just human nature I think , all the things other posters have mentioned , jealousy , racism , ignorance , it is all just the way it is the world all over . Don't get too worried , just sit back have a drink & a laugh , & think , well if they only knew how happy I am , & all they have to do is bitch in tha back of the bus like a few school kids , you win by not lowering yourself to their level .

Stay cool.! smile.gif" border="0

Nutgirl

Dont get upset by others behaviour. We cant change the world or others.Some are prejudiced by race and color, others by education and backgrounds. It does not mean they are superior.

It only means that they are giving themselves

and their egos a boost.I am glad that your boyfriend stood up and said what he did.Hope it gave them a jolt.

I recall an incident in Sindelfingen in Germany where I had gone to a pub with an Indian friend who was wearing a skull cap.

A drunk guy in his 60's was trying to make conversation with us. When we avoided him he made a comment "People like you must be put into a concentration camp".Possibly the sjull cap made him look like a Jew.

You should have been there to experience the pin drop silence for at least 5 minutes and sense of shame (must have been over 150 people).A young man came to us and apologised and then things became normal again.

Others dont mean a damn to you when they are uncouth. It also means that they are not worth knowing. So please do not look to others for approval in what you do or say. Just believe in your friends and those who mean well for you.

Hope I havnt been preaching

crazy.gif" border="0

Originally posted by NutGirl:

"Once time I was on the trip with my boyfriend (white guy), the whole bus was only me Thai. Behind our seat had many farang girls they were laughing and talking about Thai people. Specially Thai women, they said something like they feel sick about we all only hooker and can do everything just for money. Said like how stupid we are, we can't even speak English! We are no education, never see world, eat dogs and other shitty things. Even said all white guys who married Thai are real stupid and are loser from them country, they can't get women from them country why they came and get here."

Now you know why we don't care a dog's arse about Western women! Jealous bitches with big fat butts, sagging tits and scraggy hair which is best utilized as a nesting place for migratory birds.

quote:

Why farangs women look down Thai girls? Very piss me off about this?!
mad.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

In all cultures there is an element of racism, I am sure that the vast makority of Thai ladies would look down on a lady from Nigeria if they saw them out and about.

White ladies that do look down on Thai ladies, look down on Thai ladies because they perceive incorrectly that a significant proportion of Thai ladies supply sex in return for money.

To answer your question, I thinks its a mixture of racism, ie their the educated white woman from civilisation and outright jealousy over how westerm men go crazy over Thai girls.

Farang girls are very quick to typecast all men with Thai girls as fat losers which 90 % are not in anyway, to afford LOS on a regular basis you will not be a dummy.

When Farang girls turn up in places like Lamai its interesting observing their reactions when most of the lads frollicking are their own age.

Unfortunately Thai ladies have this reputation with Farang ladies and I cant see it changing in my life time, I'm in my late twenties.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: spirit_of_town_hall ]

From my experience made me doubt about follow my boyfriend back to his home. Scary what I am going to face.

What I heard from my friends who studied abroad they said we are like a 3rd class there, not even second one frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

quote:

From my experience made me doubt about follow my boyfriend back to his home. Scary what I am going to face.

What I heard from my friends who studied abroad they said we are like a 3rd class there, not even second one
frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

It all depends which country your boyfriend is from, whatever country he is from it is important initially to live in a big city.

In London you would be treated like anyone else, ie nobody would talk to you anyway. However you would not be deiscriminated against or treated badly, as there are lots of people from different back grounds races walking about.

If yo went in to a rural area, people would look, but they would if I went to Issan.

To be honest it is your boyfriend who would suffer, in the work place he would constantly be teased about where he had bought his wife etc, people probably wouldnt believe he had especially if you are similar in age to each other, but they would still say it to wind him up. Its not very nice but, thats what would happen.

I can only comment on England but I think it would be the same in the US, Australi and Europe.

I can speak of australia , as S-O-T-H says , in the country areas ( away from city ) it is same as Issaan in Thailand , you would be different & a little time is taken to get used to difference .However I can assure you that in the cities of australia you will be fine , maybe occasional joke or problem , but in australia there are MANY asian people & they all live together with us farangs , no problem . I guess it depends on where you go with your boyfreind . If you are strong though you will allways overcome such simplistic mindsets that ignorant people present , though of course it may not allways be easy.

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Ya, - i echo to Old Hippie's wise words. It's called superiority. Wanting to feel superior to another. Be it height, intelligence(or lack of), wealth, colour, beauty, food, land. E.g. in the World Wars, it boils down to who being superior to whom. After some thought, this also include any older wars in History. Or even right in the future ala Star Wars.

"The XXX thinks their better than the GGG, so gotta eradicate them.. the SSS thinks they are good to save GGG, so comes to attack XXX to bring "peace". " So on and so forth.

Archived