Why?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial part of thread continued in "the board bar" under "Mykal's continuation". (for those interested) Nut girl this thread going haywire was partly my fault and the fault of a few folks who I will take exception to in the aforementioned thread. We got some real issues out in the open for you! However I am sure just as in Thailand if you keep wearing your smile and are understanding of the few idiots we do have in our and other countries you will be fine.

Mykal

This has been a fascinating post with very insightful comments and replies. I think it says a lot about the impact of feminism in the west and the fact that a lot of western men are resentful of it.

Ill throw in my two cents worth. About 3 years ago I spent a week in Phuket with two Australian female collegues. Now because they were work collegues I steared clear of the Thai sex scene during this trip and spent most of my time going out with these girls and watching them trying to get some western guys. They were both single and very much intersted in meeting some European or American guys during the trip. One of the girls was very pretty the other was average looking

Well after the first couple of nights the complaints started coming, "how can we compete against the Thai girls", "I just cant attract any man's attention", "I hate seeing these western men with these asian girls". They were quite upfront with me about these opinions and were obviously feeling quite inadequate in competing with the Thai girls for men's attention.

This was quite surprising for me, as I had never realized that while western men were lapping up the fun and attention of the Thai girls, many western women were quietly fuming and feeling neglected.

I will say that eventually they did attract the attention of a couple of Irish guys who they spent some time with during the stay.

But I think there is a general resentment from many western women (not all) to the attention that many of the Thai girls give western men.

On another track I have been living and working in Japan for some time now I can once again see differences in Japanese women and western women. Japan is definitely somewhat ahead of Thailand in advancing ideas of equal rights for women, feminism, women's liberation and other such concepts that have come from Western influence. But it is in stark contrast to the western version. The women here still seem to be able to maintain their femininity and dont seem so obsessed with proving how equal or better they are than men in whatever persuit. There generally seems much less animosity here towards men and more acceptence of men's behaviour.

I never hear Japanese women making comments such as "all men are bastards", "you cant trust any man" and other such antagonistic and blatently sexist comments that I heard almost daily in offices in Australia.

It kind of pisses me off really because a lot of the Japanese men I know with girlfriends and wives are regularly cheating and playing around but they are never really challenged. They are regularly going out drinking with the boys and to hostess bars and prostitues etc. I think of the married guys I know in Australia and they are virtually all faithful to their wives and rarely go out drinking with their friends. And even after toeing the line to such an extent they still cop shit from their wives.

I think that when a western men spend time in Asia they find the attitudes and beahviour of asian women refreshing. I think it makes you realize that perhaps western feminism has gone horribly astray and that the pendulum just seems to be swinging more and more against the intersts of western men.

With reference to the original post, I'd say that the comments made by the western womyn were not so much aimed at Nutgirl but at the guy she was with. Seems to me that the womyn were trying to be smart in their own educated way, and probably patronisingly assumed that Nutgirl couldn't speak English as she was a "native".

I met lots of feminazis at university. The kind who'd happily boycott Barclays Bank just 'cos they had South African branches and thus invested in the country whilst they happily chugged on their South African produced orange juice. The kind who were into exploring masturbation in group classes with other womyn. The kind who were more interested in spouting off political diatribes than laying some loving on me. Really got my goat.

Fellow Sanukers, what the piss are we put on earth for if not to propagate the species? Surely not to discuss economic policies and the woeful state of transportation... I have a dream... etc bollocks.

Probably the reason why Thai women are so attractive to Western men is because they don't seem to have yet lost touch with their raison d'etre. Men should be men and women women, fuck all the bullshit in between.

Clarification about Khun Sanuk's warning.

It might be necessary to further clarify your warning here Khun Sanuk as it would be a shame to end this thread, as it has obviously generated a lot of interest and a large number of posts.

It appears that NutGirl and Good Thai Girl are now hesitant to post. This would be a pity as they are both Thai girls and it would be interesting to hear their opinions as the topic is essentially about them.

Correct with if Im wrong but the posts you seem concerned about are the ones made by mykal, pao and others that revolve around racism in America and also some negative comments about Muslims. Both topics are not really relevant to this post and as mykal has quite nicely volunteered to take these topics to an alternative thread hopefully the thread will get back to the original topic of discussion.

If I have misunderstood your warning I must say that I feel it would be difficult to properly discuss the topic of this thread (Western women's attitudes to Thai women) without touching on racism.

Voodoo31:

?Well after the first couple of nights the complaints started coming, "how can we compete against the Thai girls", "I just cant attract any man's attention", "I hate seeing these western men with these asian girls". They were quite upfront with me about these opinions and were obviously feeling quite inadequate in competing with the Thai girls for men's attention.?

Your post really enlightenned me.

But when you thought about it for a second, it should be a surprise at all.

Let?s face it most farang men come to live in or travel to Thailand partly for Asian/Thai women. Why do s/expats want farang girls when they can get any time when they return back home?

I think now farang women know what their male counterparts prefer and they have a mean to pursue what they want. What should farang women do? Can they change themselves ?back? to they once were before eventhough they are willing too ? The mainstream thinking eg. Feminism leads them no choice but to follow otherwise they are lagging behind their sisterhood. Sometimes I feel sorry for them in that living in a western country sometimes is hard not to do what other people do. If you?re not you?re not cool, old-fashioned, etc.

Now farang women are frustrating of course. And when the object of frustration is yellow-skinned women from a third world country they are quick to look down on us too.

For those who don't want to change, they don't understnd that this is a matter of choice and whatever some of their male counterparts choose should be respected. Cursing men who choose to be with Asian/Thai girls that they are losers doesn't help at all.

Sometimes this shit causes some Thai girls (middle class) afraid of having a farang boyfriend. They just don?t want to put up with it. ?Too much trouble.?, they say.

Yeah?yeah..yeah.. you guys will say if you love each other nothing doesn?t matter. Well?we are not all that strong ? you know. wink.gif" border="0

?It appears that NutGirl and Good Thai Girl are now hesitant to post. This would be a pity as they are both Thai girls and it would be interesting to hear their opinions as the topic is essentially about them. ?

There you have it. (Sorry to take so long.)

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

quote:

To be Thai woman who has Farang boyfriend or husband you must be strong, that's what I learned since I date with my boyfriend. Not kidding! Friends, co-workers even people who walk on the street they love to gossip and discus about it. Sometime I felt like I have Chick Label on my face even I am not

NutGirl

I couldn’t agree more on this. Looking back to my (Thai) wife, this was one of the main struggles she had in the beginning of our relationship but after our marriage she doesn’t care on what others are talking and if there is anybody making shitty remarks she will not hesitate to piss him/her off. I did post some time ago a anecdote that she went to the Australian embassy and that the embassy clerk was making remarks why she had a farang husband and why a Thai man was not good enough for her. Remember that this is all driven by jealousy.

Take care

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Dundee ]

Archived