Why?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"it is much more institutionalized in farangland than it is in Thailand."

I'm white, my wife's black African.Both live in West. You're naive, to say the least, if you think racism isn't institutionalised in Thailand. I/we have experienced more racism in Thailand then in the west: mainly hotels refusing to let her stay. But if I check in alone there's no problem. Even saw a black guy chased out of a hotel once (he was trying to check into a hotel with vacancies)by a chinese-thai guy who beat him like a dog. All he did was ask if there were any rooms.

The least racism my wife had was in Isaan.In my opinion this was due to the Isaan women having a similar skin colour. They were still suspicious of her,though.But we loved Isaan.

For what it's worth, my wife can fuck better than any Thai or Falang women I've ever had. And I've had 200+ Thai women.

Put me down for jealosy as well, that and maybe a dash of rascism (depending on the farang girl). Pure and simple, a lot of women in the west hate to see there men happy. How many times have you sat down to watch a game show etc, only to have your farang woman decide it was time to go shopping, clean the house vacum etc...? Or how many times have you been out, having a good time, and the old lady decides enough is enough, and no more drinks, food, party etc...? This shit goes on constantly here. True, there are maybe a few cool women (farang) but by and large, our culture is geared to having to kiss their ass. In LOS, it seems that women are a lot more respectful of men as a whole. One girl told me it was an insult to her family if her husband was not respected and taken care of! Farang women see this, know they can't compete, and naturally hate it. Oops, I'm ranting again...sorry! smile.gif" border="0

Let me say this, good responses by all who challenged my post. However, I feel that Thais are racist by ignorance and racism in the west is fueled by the desire to keep others "out" or "down". I have been treated very nicely in Thailand but everyone has different experiences. I would rather take the ignorant "Thailand" form of racism than the kind I deal with here in America. However I have only visited Thailand twice and may not have a reasonable amount of interaction there to make a sound judgement. Also unfortunately the African population there is involved in some shady things and that may lead to the prejudices found there. I was approached by an Arab man and an African man "hi, this is your lucky day". So maybe there are reasons albeit unjust...

Mykal

Monochrome man, I did not say institutional racism does not exist in Thailand I said it is MORE institutionalized in the west. Please paraphrase me correctly. It does exist in Thailand. But until you become a threat economically you really have not experienced true gut wrenching racism a la American. Over here, they will SHUT YOU DOWN or try to from the minute you get into public school. I have a first hand experience in that. From my mother having to come up to the school because I scored in the top percentile in tests to avoid me going into remedial classes to being dressed in a suit and working with white women who hide their wedding ring while riding up in the elevator. I have first hand experience in that and maybe I am biased because of that. I cannot comment on the rest of the west but I have heard similar stories. I have battled very hard here in America to get less respect than my equally educated white counterparts. At least in Thailand I am made to pay double as my white counterparts. Maybe a little tough justice? smile.gif" border="0 Maybe my beef is a bit personal and was reflected in my original response post. However I would rather deal with a country who felt like "f*ck everyone else" than a country that my ancestors help build that says "f*ck you anyway".

Mykal

Preface: I am not a cave man and treat all women with respect.

For me it is a case of occidental women being uncomfortable with their femininity. My current live-in is Japanese (I live in Japan) but I've had Korean, Filipino and many other live-ins. The one thing they had in common was they enjoyed being a woman and didn't worry about being an equal in every fucking thing. In relationships there is a power player. I mean if it comes down to the wire one person will have the decisive say, even it's only like a 60% to 40% split. In my relationships it's usually gonna be me. I take tons of flack in my office (mostly chicks) for running my houses and it is because they are scared (except for the one who occassionally blows me in the supply closet). None of them let me near their husbands for fear I'll tell them the deal. I refuse to back down though, especially when they speak of giving up the ass to their husbands like some sort of prize or as an allowance for good behavior! They are mostly huge and always speak down of asian wives, especially if there is an age difference. Drive me mad! Sorry for the rant....

Smitty

Old Hippie, I completely agree with your remarks and think you may even be a bit more generous then (I think)falang women deserve. Not all of them are a pain in the ass(of course), but most seem to have an attitude that they want to be dominant in the relationship and it is this fact that I get tired of. They seem only to respect you if you are a hard ass, but if you are a little too hard then you are "abusive". If you are a "nice guy" then you are f**ked. Either way, it seems their ultimate goal is not just to get their share of your cash (and your status) but your balls too. A successful, kind hearted, western man still has to kiss up for a little sanuk from his wife, even though he's done all the right things. Thai women can certainly be a pain in the ass as well, but my (limited)experience is that they clearly know their role as a woman and are, (Okay I'll say it) more subservient to men. I know it's not PC, but f**k, this is not the USA or UK. At least for the short times that I am in LOS I feel like a man and don't have to explain myself to some falang wench. And, let me add, I DON'T ABUSE THIS PRIVILEDGE!!! I am always kind and respectful to every Thai woman I may be with. THAT is (IMHO) the difference between falang women and Thai women. That kind of respectful treatment, that I show Thai women, is still not enough for a falang woman but it IS enough for a Thai woman. As regards falang women looking down on Thai women, for the ones that do it, it's clear why they do. Because they are pissed that Thai women are better at pleasing men then falang women are, they are jealous. And in Thailand falang women are not "in control" and they hate that, so they dismiss the whole thing as degrading (to women) and mark my words: Purachai's clean-up is partly (some say largely) due to a Time magazine article that came out some months ago "challenging" him to live up to his word about cleaning up Thailand. I have no doubt the article was either written or edited by a Western woman (or a man whose western wife put him up to the challenge).

This is a huge, interesting, and complex topic that says a lot about Western (especially American) culture. I expect a few flames out of this, but I don't care. It's been my experience and is my humble opinion. Flame away...

Archived