Do you LOS-ise your life in farangland?

radioman

well...I study Thai with a tutor twice a week, have class at a Wat once a week (language) make Thai food at home...read mostly books about Thailand, or centetred in LOS...have lots of decor that is in the process of going up, as I re-decorate (current decor is early american thrift shop)...think about LOS constantly...say mai pen rai as often as needed, and when I get really pissed, I hear the old gf saying "jai yen!" but other than that... no, I haven't LOS-ized at all... :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do have a young fella at work who yesterday married a Malaysian Chinese girl. He has an amusing habit of using chopsticks to eat his lunch. Only amusing when you see the puzzled expresions of the other coal miners in the lunch room.

I have about 300 thai CD's, luktung and morlam, about a third of which are VCD's. I am thinking of putting up some fairy lights and getting some red plastic seats, then I can set up my own cafe. But of course no girls, so I would know I am still in dreary UK.-peter

because of driving in LOS, my attitude in SO Cal has changed quite a bit. I used to be like everyone else, making sure no one could merge, cut folks off, just generally pissed off and pissing people off. Now it is indeed mai pen rai when driving. I look at all other drivers as inept, unisnured, dangerous and with connections! Plus I don't want to get injured and miss my next trip.

Every time I return from the LOS, I spend an inordinate amount of time chatting on BkkChat... and it gradually fades away as time goes by.

But this year is different; I met a very nice Thai lady and I'm hooked. Can't stop thinking of her; we're making plans for her to come visit me soon.

Are my sanuk days over ? I guess time will tell,

SM

I know what you mean, it takes me a week or two to adjust back to driving on the right hand side of the road

The worst part is the turn signals and windshield wipers. I can cope with everthing else.

In LOS, tilak says turn left, on come the windshield wipers (tilak and kids laugh uncontrollably for 1/2 hour). First couple weeks back home, it starts to rain, on comes the turn signal. Even after months home, when I get a rental car, I am messed up again.

The only time left driving screws me up is the one street in Chiang Mai where I make a right hand turn onto the street where you drive on the right. I can't figure out why that ONE street is different.

Archived