BG Disaster - my turn

think_too_mut

>Would you, GTG, know how to do that?

I have never done it but I can try !

>Not true. She has applied for a job with BTS. Sitting in that glassy booth and changing money, giving directions to the tourists.

No, I meant when she went back to her old customers to raise some fund for a motocycle?

Thanks a lot for updating us. Greatly appreciate it.

TTM, do you share the same view as Belgian Boy ? I need your answer because I didn't try to do anything like that. But if it is what you feel. I'll live it as that and won't respond to your post ever again !

AMEN :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>On wednesday you attacked TTM and tried to flame and bait him on 4 occasions in 1 posting.

With all due respect, I am not challenging you as a moderator. But please point them out the 4 of them so everybody would know.

>TTM responded in such a great way that I knew you would not understand the subtilities, and indeed what do I see now ?

>Exactly, some more totally misplaced silly comments.

I have asked TTM to respond to that. I'm looking forward to his reply

>Please, if you have nothing to contribute in this thread, leave it alone, and if you have a personal message for another member, use a PM then.

Maybe this is my problem. I don't know what is personal and what is not. It seems to me that everything we are discussing on this board are all personal.

>Please go back and edit your post, otherwise I will.

Again, this is not my challenge to you. But please edit my post for me so that I will learn which one is acceptable and which one is not. (just like a teacher correct a homework for a student)

Hi,

[color:"red"] the important part of the farang culture is a personal commitment to accomplish things. Success or failure that comes out is less important. [/color]

That is the culture I like most. At work, we threw ourselves in and if the project went not exactly the way we expected, we just documented it as a lesson learned and try again. If I remember it correctly, not all Thais had the attitude of forgiving or if not forgiving, just for getting it will do. A freind, a scientist who went back to work in Thailand for 16 years, her group made a little mistake on a research, I was told that she was reminded of it for over 6 years and her success researches hardly regonized, but a mistake is paramount that every one remembers and is rude enough to remind her. Thailand has lost her, for she is now in Canada.

I feel that we do need to do both praise and mention a mistake equally.

[color:"red"] So, what's the score here? Who won? My gf that will keep on running blind (with some more skills) or me who will recover in a few weeks and still posess my ability to concentrate on what I want to achieve? [/color]

Not all relationship needs winning or losing. I feel that both parties in this case have won something. Pain, yes, still a win-win situation to me.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] As long as you do not let it get you bitter and cynical you have come out on top. You have done your best.

[/color]

Wholeheartedly agreed. The strength to bounce back is the best quality ones can have, I don't know I can do as well as TTM.

Cheers! ::

Dear Khun GTG,

[color:"red"] I feel you are looking down on bgs with this comment of yours !

Wouldn't it nice to be able to understand who you love ? [/color]

I don't see this comment as an insult. It is true that it is better to understand the beloved, however, I cannot claim that I undestand everything about my husband who I have loved dearly and for years and I am sure he does not understand everything about me. Really, I don't WANT him to understand everything about me!!! :p

Cheers!

Dear BelgianBoy,

[color:"red"]TTM responded in such a great way that I knew you would not understand the subtilities, and indeed what do I see now ?

Exactly, some more totally misplaced silly comments.

[/color]

I hesitate to categorize GTG's questions and comments as totally as the intent to flame. What appears (to me, mind you) is GTG asking questions that seemed to be more personal than the rest of the board. If you don't mind me suggesting, the "too personal" questions which may risk flaming could be pointed out to GTG. GTG has impressed me as a person who tries to understand men and their behaviour on this board. Thanks for considering what I had to say.

Cheers!

GTG,

First of all, this has nothing to do with the thread, and I apologise for that to all.

You asked me to point out what I find inappropriate, so here I go :

1. But from your story you had known all along that she had no intention to use her education to get a job to support herself- just to upgrade her knowlege and skill to be a better wife for you.

-> why this silly conclusion ? Have you met her to conclude that, why do you generalise all BG's like that ?

2. As it has turned out, she decided to go back to her old profession. More and easier money she used to make.

-> again, just to make sure we get the point, you repeat it !

3. Oops, you're making many board members upset.

-> silly, not needed, to be edited

4.mon GTG, you know how this happened to me.

Sorry I forgot.

-> how convienant, how come I remember ?

5.>A lesson? Even 10 yrs old knows it is not good to mess with prostitutes.

You're making MORE board members upset.

-> now, you really crossed the line, you just associate 3 loose words from a sentence to read "10 yr prostitutes", to be edited

6.That could be the reason for your failure. You didn't pay her enough.

But what is enough anyway

-> based on what is how much enough ? and how much has TTM invested ?

Now I move to your last post :

1.With all due respect, I am not challenging you as a moderator. But please point them out the 4 of them so everybody would know.

-> as per above

2.>TTM responded in such a great way that I knew you would not understand the subtilities, and indeed what do I see now ?

>Exactly, some more totally misplaced silly comments.

I have asked TTM to respond to that. I'm looking forward to his reply

-> and now you are challenging me ...........

3.>Please, if you have nothing to contribute in this thread, leave it alone, and if you have a personal message for another member, use a PM then.

Maybe this is my problem. I don't know what is personal and what is not. It seems to me that everything we are discussing on this board are all personal.

-> this is the "relations" forum, very easy to step on someone feelings, hence be very carefull

4.>Please go back and edit your post, otherwise I will.

Again, this is not my challenge to you. But please edit my post for me so that I will learn which one is acceptable and which one is not. (just like a teacher correct a homework for a student)

-> actually when i replied I said 4 points, 2 will do as marked by me above.

Do remember, GTG, that like all mods, I do this on my free time, the last thing I want is troubles on the board with anyone, including you, ok ?

Cheers !

PS : next time, lets leave this thread as it should be, and do this per PM :)

>TTM, do you share the same view as Belgian Boy ? I need your answer because I didn't try to do anything like that. But if it is what you feel. I'll live it as that and won't respond to your post ever again !

It is not only BB's view. And it is not only that you are shredding my post - you do that with any post with similar contents.

I don't think you have anything personally against me, you may simply dislike what I did.

Same with other posters who had posted before me and others who may post in the future.

Without me complaining, the moderator has warned you. A good sign that you may have gone overboard.

If I feel you are picking on me, I'll send you a PM.

If you raise a flag and attract moderator's attention, that's your problem, my post just happen to be underneath.

>Wholeheartedly agreed. The strength to bounce back is the best quality ones can have, I don't know I can do as well as TTM.

Jasmine, the girl does not really understand the concept of tracking and monitoring any progress.

Her formative years had been spend in a fish cannery, then working as a cleaner in a hospital.

On this particular occassion, she was following instructions and procedures, in English (ask us to follow them in Thai!), while rebuilding her computer and installing operating system.

To me, feels like a great achievemnt for her, it shows that the money spent on her school is bearing fruits.

Configuring the modem, mail, downoalding and configuring Yahoo Messenger...

I could have done the same thing in 20 minutes, blindfolded. For last 15 years.

Only a year ago she was at "you pay bar". A far cry from that.

No regrets about my money spent.

What is literacy? An ability to follow written instructions. Look at this: get a bg who can speak good English (and haven't lived abroad), give her written instructions on how to operate a washing machine and tell us when you get your washing done. Could be a long wait.

I had to edit my post. Originally, it sounded I was in some kind of disagreement with you.

May I clarify some of the points. Other than that I'll PM you.

1. But from your story you had known all along that she had no intention to use her education to get a job to support herself- just to upgrade her knowlege and skill to be a better wife for you.

-> why this silly conclusion ? Have you met her to conclude that, why do you generalise all BG's like that ?

Did I say all bgs? I meant only her. I find it's ok because I've heard that even a normal tg but from a difficult background has been divorced because of her lack of self-improvement (didn't attend any English class), especially, her using bg English and it showed.

5.>A lesson? Even 10 yrs old knows it is not good to mess with prostitutes.

You're making MORE board members upset.

-> now, you really crossed the line, you just associate 3 loose words from a sentence to read "10 yr prostitutes", to be edited

Now, pardon my English. I don't get your point. You can PM me if you want.

6.That could be the reason for your failure. You didn't pay her enough.

But what is enough anyway

-> based on what is how much enough ? and how much has TTM invested ?

My comment is rheteric (sp?)question - not really needs an answer. I didn't try to make TTM look bad that he didn't provide enough money for his gf or anything like that. Honest. In Thai is like แค่ไหนจึงจะเรียกว่าพอ (kae nai jung ja reak wa por? because people don't know what enough is. คนเราไม่รู้จักพอ (kon rao mai ru jak por). Please ask your gf to read Thai for you. She'll understand my point.

PS : next time, lets leave this thread as it should be, and do this per PM

Will try, teacher ! ;)

Archived