Meeting stunning non-bargirls. A discussion.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says NopebutforU:

As the repetitive trashing from certain board members of thai hi and even medium classes,well,it does insult my ex girlfriend,my possibly actual one and probably my next girlfriend.Basically most or all the thai girls I have a medium or long term interest in.No need to become prissy...

Personally, I don't think you truly know any Hi-so or well educated Thais. I think you and the other "keepers" of so called Hi-so Thai tastes are clueless.

I think the Thais you associate with are your basic run of the mill nouvea rich and middle class who were recently a generation or two removed from being desperately poor and uneducated themselves, you know the type that try to place as much distance between themselves and their poor past. There are also those that learn their "tastes" from the idiotic soap operas. I think these are the people you are trying to imitate/emulate.

Truly educated and enlightened types do not call their fellow countrymen "scum" or look down upon them in the manner you and other wannabe Thai bigots subscribe to. I have yet to hear one of my friends call Isaan women "ugly" or prostitutes "scum", stupid, etc.

My personal experience with Hi-so Thais and educated ones is that they have serious concerns for all Thai people and Thailand. They are constanly asking me my opinions of Thai people and Thailand. We also talk about education and Thailand's competitiveness on the international level.

Actually when I was last in LOS I was at a friends estate for a dinner party and interestingly the topic of Patpong came up. Do you know what myself and the Hi-so's discussed(after quite a bit of wine)? The shows in Patpong! Some of the men admitted that they had been to the shows and others joked and teased about the experience. The women were very interested about them and seemed to have some knowledge about them although they wouldn't say. I of course admitted that I visited the shows but I was so shocked(hey I couldn't be brazen about it) when I viewed them that I vowed to never see them again(amazing how wine makes you lie your ass off).

It truly amazes me when farangs such as yourself like to tell the rest of us what the socio-economically elite subscribe to and how we should act like them and follow their lead if we want to "fit" and not inslt them, blah...blah...blah. When in actuality you truly have no clue. The only thing you understand about Thai society is the blatant stereotypes. Open up your eyes and live it a litttle without prejudice and you might learn new things. I do with every visit and conversation.

BTW- before you will ask which I am sure you will. No I would not bring a BG to a dinner party of that nature because all involved would be uncomfortable because of lack of common interests. I would however have no qualms about bringing a girl who was a former BG who worked to imnprove her life through education and such.

BBTW- All this talk of light skinned Chinese Thai being the most desireable women is a load of crap. My male Thai friends love to talk about beautiful farang women and believe it or not beautiful Filipinas.

Guest lazyphil

<<Better stop wasting time picking on me ,U may end up missing the bus and infuriating Ur boss>>

The last time I heard this (bold) I was at primary school!!!

Actually I bike to work, keeps me fit and healthy!!

But I'm taking a shuttle bus to Heathrow airport soon!!

[color:"red"] "Westerners succeeding in Thailand seem to be the ones learning the language and complying to local behavioural rules,not the ones so hung up on their education back home." [/color]

I am in no way hung up on my education back home, I would call it principles and core beliefs.. I comply with many local pieces of cultural etiquette, but no I will not abandon my principles most important being that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL! Not to meet any cultural standard or seal any business deal. It may sound cheesy or outdated, but I stand by it.

I am suceeding in Thailand, and no where along the way have I renigned on this principle.

I came to Thailand not for business, but because I love Thailand. Business just happened to come out of that love.

It is my love for Thailand that makes me sick to see so much of what is wrong with it. And I cannot stand by and watch it happen with a closed mouth. What good would that do?

Change has to start somewhere. I am not saying that I am going to be the one to change it, or that I have all of the solutions. But I am more than willing to not stand by and be an accomplice.

I don't begrudge Hi-So Thais or think underclass Thais are any better than them, I just think all Thais need to be exposed to contrasting ideas and systems to see there is more than just one way. And they do not have to just accept things as is. Might does not make right.

People like you, condoning these systems and using them to fuel your ego are definately not helping things.

That is all I have to say on this and will now step off my bully pulpit. Good luck to you and see you on the boards.

SUZI ::

Well,if U had a look in the nightlife section U'd notice I frequent the western oriented prositution places more than once in a while

---------------------------------

the reason for my post, actually. glad to see you don't behave absolutely according to thai society, and get your kicks where and how you wish it. Everyone needs a break from the corset of thai middle-class propriety once in a while. Congrats!

Susi,

You are not here on your terms. You are here as a guest of the kingdom and are here on their terms. You basically have very little rights and do not enjoy the rights that thai citizens have.

I can't think of anywhere in the world where all men are created equal. That is a line that they fed you so you won't rock the boat and thus maintain the status quo of the haves and the have nots of the world. You will come and go and life will go on with all the inequities. A few shouts of "this is wrong" and "I am a man of principles" is exactly what the elite expect out of you..........no profound change at all!

cardinalblue

Archived