Drug abuse in BKK

Plainsdrifter

a friend of mine separated just from his girlfriend of three years, she just could not stop the heroin. he, in the process of the relationship was twice addicted to heroin, just could not take it anymore.

the drug was simply too strong, if he would have stayed with her, he would not have been able to stay off the heroin.

i'm still friends with both, can't really put the blame anyone there. it's just a sad situation, especially knowing that there is not really anything to be done in case of the girl, and i expect her to die in the not so distant future.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says think_too_mut:

>Farangs trying to rescue prostitutes from the bar in the same way one helps drug addicts have got it all wrong.

I tried both.

One died (drugs), the second one (a bg) still lingering over her domain.

Perhaps, I should turn to the organized charities....

I tried both.

One died (drugs), the other (ex-bg) seems to do fine.

I don't claim using the same method though. Situations are never the same.

The drug addict was also an ex-bg...::

One day she decided to quit and did it just like that. Unbelievable but true.

She was in pain for two weeks, one month later she emptied every drop of alcohol in the house. Was clean when there was nothing left to grope.

She stayed one year at my place, far from the madding crowd. Then she wanted to work, needed a health certificate to get a work permit, there we found out she was HIV positive. She went home to live with her parents and dissapeared in nature one year later (back to drugs, she gave me a last phone call from an unknown place).

End of story.

Says bibblies:
Well, I was pessimistic with this one and yet it's been licked. (So far it's more than a year on.) I'd read a load of information on the web that said it was practically impossible to quit and that even those that did tended to go back after a honeymoon period.

Progress report on my gf. Took her with me to China on Monday night for a 7 day trip. She spent the last day smoking nonstop because she was going to stop. I was worried that she would take some of her stuff with her and we would both be stopped and land in a jail somewere in China.

She assured me that she would never take anything with her but that I should take care of her when we arrived.She was so confident that this trip would do her good.

On Tuesday the fun started with her.................withdrawal.

"Me hurt inside...." was heard many times since that first time on Tuesday morning. She wouldn't leave the hotel room. Had to bring food in for her every morning before I left. During the day many calls to me to come back to the hotel and be with her.....broke my heart. Chinese massages seem to have helped a lot... also a constant dose of Aleve pain medicine. This morning she reported that she was finally not in pain. I don't know if I should believe.

She has promised me that she will go to Police Hospital when we return to BKK next Tuesday. She tells me that her University friend (yes the clean cut one that uses something else, according to her) across the hall will stay with while she takes the medecine the hospital will give her.

I'm afraid of a possible 2-3 minute absence upon our return to the apartment, enouth time for her to score a few pills. I don't know what I will do if she does do that.

On Tuesday the fun started with her.................withdrawal.

What is the drug? The withdrawl you discribe sounds more like opiate withdrawl than amphetamine. Maybe it's a herion/yaabaa mix she's smoking?

i was thinking something similar, that sounds weird.

the typical ya maa withdrawal is marked by the addict being depressed, agressive, has no energy, sleeps beyond the usual nightsleep every three hours or so for some time, lasting one to two weeks.

someone pulls here someone's leg.

colors of ya ma pills: pink-red, blue, purple

other common drugs here: heroin (white powder), dormicum (light blue pill), ketamin (liquid or crystalised, then snorted in powderform, ganja (well, as weed looks like), extasy (different forms of pills or capsules, not addictive, and too expensive for most bargirls). cocain (not a bargirls drug, thai hiso or expats use it).

everything else extremely rare

I dunno - you might get orangey pills. Look on amphetamines.com. Depends what it's made from. The colour comes from residues left over. I think I've seen orange ones before but I can't remember having seen blue or purple ones.

But I concur on the withdrawal symptoms. They get very, very irritable and unreasonable.

Archived