Am i being a bad guy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

[color:"red"] that can make a man lose his sense of what part or role he should play in a relationship, [/color]

First I understand what role you want to play and a partner who wants to stay home and take care of the children are not that hard to find. However, I, as a woman who have done both sides, feel that a marriage is a partnership, and there is NOTHING wrong of the 2 parties being equal (actually close to equal). However, it takes both parties to understand and respect for each other's needs. Money can be an issue if one lacks it, what about other needs, women should not be told to stay home, just to be pregnant and barefoot, if she wants to have her own career, some help and compromise should be worked out.

Cheers! :)

What I was trying to say about the stigma is that, coming from Thailand, some of us are lumped into the belief that we are available (easy) sexually, gamble helplessly, and fooling around. When my action or behavior is misinterpreted, it bothers me because of the pre-conceived idea. However, I find it challenging to prove otherwise and it can be exhausting.

That's what I have experienced too many times during my study years and EVEN here in Thailand. My job have something to do with foreigners sometimes. One guy (very handsome with six packs - don't ask me why I know ;p) started to tell me about his OPEN marriage on the second day we met in Bangkok. I wonder if it happened because of my being Thai !!!

:: :: ::

Jasmine say

" First I understand what role you want to play and a partner who wants to stay home and take care of the children "

i dont think you got the right idea of me.... i do want a woman who are helpful at they house as well as i am helping out and take care of things at home. if i want a lazy bitch that loks TV all day i marry a swedish girl. but thats not the point I was talking about a main issue why farang men fancy thai girls so much. i have been at my girlfriends parents house where she lived and she wake up 5 am fixing food and take care of stuff for the whole family (not just me).

tell me a single man that dont want a woman that look after him? problem is we dont get always what we want and also have in mind that i do all my laundry and cooking and cleaning, whatever back here in sweden and i dont have any problem with that. if my Gf wants to help me or do it its ok with me. i do cook for her and sure i do the dishes also if she wants to look TV or do something, i am a grown up and i know how to take care myself and my house.

I did find Akarr's post pretty narrow minded. If I was a woman, I would be highly offended.

Just want to say that I don't agree with his opinions. Plenty of successful women are femininine. Have no need to "want" to be equal to their counterparts as they are themselves in their own right and have no identity problems with that respect.

I don't believe the whole traditional role argument is really valid except as a way of putting others down (in this case women).

To me, Akarr has a tendency to draw flack because he doesn't think things through. For example: "mentality of the Thai people is hard and with a strong survival instinct. " Everyone has a strong survival instinct. The one's that don't kill themselves. hehe. Law of da land since time began.

<<burp>>

Hi,

[color:"red"] Thai people is hard and with a strong survival instinct. [/color]

Akarr is judging Thailand and Thai women according to what he thinks he knows. Also, sounds like he is from a country that supports their people comfortably.

Nothing is wrong with traditional role that he wants, as long as he does not judge other people who do not fit in his ideal roles.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] tell me a single man that dont want a woman that look after him? [/color]

Many interpretations can be found on "looking after". My husband told people all the times that I look after him, good cook and so on and I spent at least 13 hrs./day at work and commute. I feel he is taking care of me, so it is the matter of interpretation and conception, isn't it?

[color:"red"] my girlfriends parents house where she lived and she wake up 5 am fixing food and take care of stuff for the whole family (not just me). [/color]

Impressive, so if the wife like me sleeps until 9:00 AM on the weekends, I am considered bad?

What I am trying to say is, there are traditional qualities required to live happily and peacefully. Just because a woman shows you some qualities you like, does not mean that she is going to be the same once married.

It sounds like the Swedish women are terribly honest to show the men what they coul expect and you should know by now that most of the Thai women you met are not honest.

[color:"red"] that i do all my laundry and cooking and cleaning [/color]

Hey, my husband does the laundry and dishes better than me, so he does it. I do the ironing and cooking better than him, so I do it.

[color:"red"] i do cook for her and sure i do the dishes also if she wants to look TV or do something, i am a grown up and i know how to take care myself and my house. [/color]

GOOD to know!!

Cheers!

While I don't agree with Akars post 100%, I think most of us who know (including you Jasmine) will agree that Asian women tend to take care of their men in a different way than western women do. There are 1000 different flavors of this, of course. I'm not advocating the "stay home barefoot" line of thinking at all. But having spent a considerable amout of time with Asian women (numerous girlfriends and married to one for 9 years for a start) I would say that the basic value system is different. The extreme is to say the man works and the woman takes care of the house. That is only an extreme. However, the grades in between will still show some pretty significant differences in the way an Asian women will take care of a man vs. a western woman. Perhaps another thread should be the differences of how the MAN takes care of the women. I'm only approaching this discussion from one side...

Hi,

It has something to do with being a Thai woman and the narrow minded of some foreign men who do not know better.

Read the thread in General Discussion about how a guy praised Thailand, the first thing is women and 2 is how easy the Thai women to be laid. :: :: And he KNOWS Thais.

I know what you meant about insinuation of further intimate encounter. They can dream on as far as I am concern.

Cheers!

Archived