Marriage of Educated,Career Oriented Thai Female

jasmine

Hello,

Just read an article about a Thai lady. She is a writer and a successful career woman (fluent in French and English), a graduate from Chula Univ. over 30 years ago (so you can estimate her age), has an advanced degree from France, just married a French man after seeing each other on and off for 24 years. It is her first marriage. I think it is wonderful.

What I feel is so nice is a female who has been conducting her life well, has good career, had a long distance relationship which started as a good friendship could develop it into a wonderful partnership. I do believe in fate, hopefully good things can happen to all of us. And long-distance love can work.

Reading many posts who claimed that Thai women need the men to be there all the time to make a relationship work contradicts what I believe. It has got to do with individuals and the caliber of both parties.

Any discussion is welcome.

Cheers!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Reading many posts who claimed that Thai women need the men to be there all the time to make a relationship work contradicts what I believe. It has got to do with individuals and the caliber of both parties."

Obviously, this lady has a life of her own. She is not too dependent of her partner. And I reckon there is no children involved, which would have made it difficult to be apart.

For those girls who stays at home, caring and centering their life around the man its tough to be apart.

Its 2 different worlds - modern, career orientated Thai girls and oldfashioned "husband is life" type. Its interesting to see that the career orientated Thai girls are turning to foreigners also. It is very in among university girls to go for foreigners..

Cheers!

>>>It has got to do with individuals and the caliber of both parties.<<<

...and economical background, social background. don't forget, the woman you desribed is a successful career woman, the vast majority of thai women aren't.

you cannot compare the life the rural poor with the life this woman leads. two utterly different worlds.

This thread reminds me of a friend of mine, a Thai uni student. She told me that a foreigner had proposed to her, wanting her to quit uni and move to his country. My reaction was that he could not know her well. She laughed of the whole proposal and thought the idea of her quitting uni was ridiculous.

For these girls a man is just one part of their life, its probably behind getting a career and being independent.

Cheers!

[color:"red"] For these girls a man is just one part of their life, its probably behind getting a career and being independent.

[/color]

Dear Check_bin_krap,

I am a woman with a good career and there were times that I did sacrifice for my child and husband. I have done my best and life has been kind. Believe me, my husband is not less important than my career. A woman/man needs to do what is best at the time, but family is most important to me.

Cheers!

"I am a woman with a good career and there were times that I did sacrifice for my child and husband. I have done my best and life has been kind. Believe me, my husband is not less important than my career. A woman/man needs to do what is best at the time, but family is most important to me."

Hi Jasmine,

I didn't mean that statement in any negative way. But lets put it this way: In an early stage of a relationship, when you had a choice. Before children/family were involved at all. Would you have sacraficed education, a career if your potential husband demanded it?

These girls want it all. Career, education and a family.

Nothing wrong in that! I admire it. Actually my fiance is the same way.

Cheers!

flyonzewall

I agree totally with your comment. A succesfull career woman can stand on her own two feet and is not financially dependant. This applies whether she is Thai, Chinese or whatever.

A rural Thai lady and a Thai career woman are at two totally diferent ends of the spectrum. They are, as you say, "two utterly different worlds." with different morals, different values and certainly a different outlook on life.

Just my two peneth ;)

Says Bhat_Man:

flyonzewall

I agree totally with your comment. A succesfull career woman can stand on her own two feet and is
not
financially dependant. This applies whether she is Thai, Chinese or whatever.

A rural Thai lady and a Thai career woman are at two totally diferent ends of the spectrum. They are, as you say,
"two utterly different worlds."
with different morals, different values and certainly a different outlook on life.

Just my two peneth
;)

I think you mixed up between two issues that is being rural Thai women and being a career women.

Rural Thai women can be career women as well. Have you seen rural business women running her little store in a village singlehandedly? Being rural Thai women doen't mean they are financially dependent to their husband. True that many of them are poor and want someone to support them and their family. But that includes urban poor Thai women as well.

So we'd better talk about women who prefer being 'financially dependent' or 'financially independent'.

Archived