Marriage of Educated,Career Oriented Thai Female

jasmine

Guest lazyphil

<<I agree 100% but we are talking about a life partner here. I strongly believe if you find someone similar to your education >>

I don't want to live with a Telly Tubby!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

[color:"red"] we are talking about a life partner here. I strongly believe if you find someone similar to your education, status etc [/color]

The similar level of education for my life partner is important to me. However, being older (learning and seeing more), it may depend on one?s life stage. A guy I met in Germany with so many degrees which equal to the fingers in one hand, got fed up and wanted a simple life and wife. He found a Thai woman in her 40s (he was in his 60s) who barely could speak German (or English), but she was the best cook and took care of his elderly mother better than I can for my own. When it came to intelligent conversation, he went to a club to talk to other guys. For her, he was good and treated her nicely with some money to spend (a good woman, really), she was happy.

I need some intelligent conversation and the feel that I can respect my partner and can depend on his opinion (please I don?t intend to sound like a snob here). This is not to say that others who do not have degrees are not intelligent.

The Thai women, at least in my generation were cautioned not to have too high education because ?Thai men do not like to feel inferior to women, they want to lead.?. There are few highly educatedThai women who are not married, perhaps, the caution have some truth in it. This woman on the subject starting on this thread had been single for over 50 years, and according to her interview, many Thai men, found her a little "too smart".

This is not to say that I look down of those who have spouses with not-so-high education. I find that many of the Thais and many of my American friends feel the same also.

Just my take.

Cheers! :D

I find at times that in relatonships we place too much emphasis on our partners shortcomings. I know guys who have highly educated career women yet they will complain that the women are horrible as caregivers, can't cook and are lousy in the bed. They also feel that the women don't understand or appreciate their needs. I also know guys who have gorgeous, stay at home wives who take care of the household and children. Yet they will complain that the women give more attention to the kids, are not exciting, don't stimulate them with conversation and don't understand the pressures of the career world.

Seems like the old adage of we desire what we can't have syndrome.

I think that many people basically look for a "one person should fulfill every need and desire as they do in the movies" companion and that is not reality in my eyes. Maybe that is one reason why we have such high divorce rates in industrialized countries. We believe in Hollywood romances and can't deal with the imperfections in our own.

"I think that many people basically look for a "one person should fulfill every need and desire as they do in the movies" companion and that is not reality in my eyes. Maybe that is one reason why we have such high divorce rates in industrialized countries. We believe in Hollywood romances and can't deal with the imperfections in our own."

I second this Jjsushi. Having a good relationship is about accepting your partners shortcomings as well. All people have flaws, and not being able to deal with this is like forever searching for the holy grail.

Cheers!

Hear, hear !

The bullshit images that Hollywood, the television and magazine industries trowel out to all and sundry are abysmal. The really sad part is that they relish the opportunity to tear down the same celeb reputations they spend years building, given the first sign of cracks in the facade. They know there will always be another Brad'n'Jen along to fill the insatiable void.

Hi,

[color:"red"] All people have flaws, and not being able to deal with this is like forever searching for the holy grail.

[/color]

You are a fair man. I think that when people are in the first stage of being in love, we tend to ignore the flaws, sometimes we even think the flaws are not flaws. Then when the passion wanes, the flaws start to haunt us and some people can deal with them, some cannot.

By the way, if you ask my husband, he will tell you that he has no flaws, except me!!!!

"You are a fair man. I think that when people are in the first stage of being in love, we tend to ignore the flaws, sometimes we even think the flaws are not flaws. Then when the passion wanes, the flaws start to haunt us and some people can deal with them, some cannot."

You got me blushing Jasmine.. :o...But if you ask my fiance I am sure she can point out my flaws! Humour and being able to laugh of arguements and previous disasters helps a lot if love is there.

In the beginning of a relationship? Its not only that love is blind, but we all try to show our best side...But a day comes when one has to weight up the good and bad sides and see if one can live with it.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] Its not only that love is blind, but we all try to show our best side...But a day comes when one has to weight up the good and bad sides and see if one can live with it.

[/color]

I agree, that is why I think time is needed. However, I still feel that some people do adjust to the needs ofthe partner. My husband and I have done it, some behaviour and outlook, it was drastic, but overall for the better.

Cheers! :D :D :D

Hi,

[color:"red"] I know guys who have highly educated career women yet they will complain that the women are horrible as caregivers, can't cook and are lousy in the bed. [/color]

I have heard this before, from Thai men, actually. I am wondering that it is not the education that makes them become so, perhaps it is the work they do ouside home and at home too. Having time and energy to enjoy sex and other things can be limited at times. It is just that not all women are "super" women. I have given up even trying to be a super woman, luckily, my partner understands the stress!!!

Says whosyourdaddy:

I send you a PM

I have talked to a friend and he reconned that the best ones are just east of victory momument on the road to din daeng. Walk from VM along the McDonalds side of the road and you will come across a few of them with signs in thai saying adult education.. If you walk as far as the century park hotel then you went too far.

WYD,

Could you please post this info so it can be accesible to others who may want to know ?

If to decide to do so can you please add it to the Education for Thai girlfriend thread posted by Spiff in the General forum?

Thanx

Archived