Marriage of Educated,Career Oriented Thai Female

jasmine

Hi,

There are opportunities for these people for education, I know it is rare because most of them lack money. At Thammasart, there was a man from Ubon who was studying law. Lacking of money, he stayed in a temple, ate what the monks had and what his friends (class mates) gave him.

I admit that it is harder for females. However, what I find with most of these people is the lack of interest to further the education. There were many free classes on base (in the US and Germany) and I have never been succesful talking any of these "rural poor" background women into any class. Always heard this "I am too old to learn.", "What am I going to do with the knowledge!" and many more lame (my opinion) excuses while they had plenty of time running the street and played cards.

There are ones who liked to work, no matter what work, but for education I have not met any who wanted it even it was for free.

Cheers! :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]Rural Thai women can be career women as well. Have you seen rural business women running her little store in a village singlehandedly? Being rural Thai women doen't mean they are financially dependent to their husband. True that many of them are poor and want someone to support them and their family. But that includes urban poor Thai women as well. [/color]

Everyone sees the Issan women with food stalls in Bangkok and some of these women are young and very attractive. Sometimes a woman does what she has to do, it is not that she wants to be financially independent as much as a situation arises and if she does not do something to make money, no one, including her mate will do it.

My mother, who is uneducated had always found some work to do during the time my father was alive. There are women, no matter what background/education who will find work and it does not mean prostitution.

:)Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"]in my wifes family for example will never be able to get enough money together to start a business like that.

[/color]

Let's pretend that there is money, do you think that they have enough money management, business skill and preseverance to survive? I feel that it takes more than an investment to own a business, no matter what it is, what do you think?

Cheers!

Hi,

I feel that most women who has education above high school in Thailand are successful in their choice of careers. Of Course there ones who chose to stay home and there is nothing wrong with it.

Many rural poor women have no education opportunities and Thailand seems to do nothing much to help.

Cheers!

<red> """you may meet more educated women where you live, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the vast majority of thai people including women belong to the rural poor casses, are landless farmhands and smallscale farmers. women from these classes will have very little chance ever to have access to education, clubs, gyms and parties."" </red>

Yes I did state that

""maybe you should live some time in the middle of roi et province, that could expand your horizon tremendously. ""

I have been to issan enough to appreciate the beauty of land and the people.. I have dated some rural poor to understand that I dont want the hassles that usually come with the situation. I bet you if I lived with the tribes of Iraya Jaya that It would "broaden my mind" but that is really not one way I want to expand my mind.

My point is that as a western you (not talking specifially to FOZW) are educated and have access to money and hence it is alot easier for a western to find a well educated proper girl. Just people are lazy and take the easy lay when they arrive in the kingdom. . If you look for women in the gutters in hua Lonpong train station you will find gutter women, but if you look for women in a place has women with education and money you MOST CERTAINLY will find one also.

>>>There are opportunities for these people for education, I know it is rare because most of them lack money. <<<

sorry jasmine, but that is not true.

my missus would love to go to school again. we have tried to find a school for secondary education for her, but they only take students who have finished bor 6, she has barely finished bor 4. if you know of any school in bangkok where she could go, please tell me.

My point is that as a western you (not talking specifially to FOZW) are educated and have access to money and hence it is alot easier for a western to find a well educated proper girl. Just people are lazy and take the easy lay when they arrive in the kingdom. . If you look for women in the gutters in hua Lonpong train station you will find gutter women, but if you look for women in a place has women with education and money you MOST CERTAINLY will find one also.

I disagree with your statement about a Western guy being lazy. When did eazy equate to laziness? Why does one have to be lazy if he doesn't want to involve himself with a comparatively educated Thai woman? Can he not be happy and content with involving himself with the uneducated woman, rural girl, guttersnipe and or a BG because that is what he enjoys?

According to your logic one most definitely shouldn't leave their Western homeland because the ratio of highly educated farang women undoubtedly outnumber that of Thai women and the Farang womans' education will more than likely be superior to the Thai woman and equal to the farang man. Therefore the farang male should not engage with a Thai woman because she is an inferior product from an educational stance.

[color:"red"] The rant [/color]

Sometimes I think you BKK based expats(not specifically you but in general) who chase the so-called "good girls" and make these fruitless comparisons to the "other girls" really lose the plot. There is no generic better quality woman based on skin tones, education, occupation and status. There is only the one that you want to be with and whose company you truly enjoy because she cares about you and you care about her.

>>>>I have been to issan enough to appreciate the beauty of land and the people.. I have dated some rural poor to understand that I dont want the hassles that usually come with the situation. I bet you if I lived with the tribes of Iraya Jaya that It would "broaden my mind" but that is really not one way I want to expand my mind. <<<<

well, but i am sure that you haven't lived enough there to have the slightest understanding of the problems of those people.

>>>My point is that as a western you (not talking specifially to FOZW) are educated and have access to money and hence it is alot easier for a western to find a well educated proper girl. Just people are lazy and take the easy lay when they arrive in the kingdom. <<<

firstly, i did not come to asia, to enter that perfect little pretentious middleclass world with the perfect little middleclass wify. i could have had that and a lot more back in europe without any effort whatsoever.

i came here to be free of all that, and to be free to be with whoever i want be. so i fell in love with my "guttergirl", who wasn't an easy lay by the way, it took me a few months of very traditional dating. just because my missus is from a very poor rural background doesn't mean that she is "an easy lay".

in the end, i am a lot luckier with all the hazzles i have because of her background of poverty, because when i go with her to europe, and she meets my family from the opposite spectrum of society, strangely her personal code of honor matches very much the one of my family, which i could't say for most "modern" middleclass girls i have met here.

i really don't give a fuck if my wife has access to money or not, because i have, and that is enough for me. she gives me inner stability, and that is worth more than any money in the word. but maybe you have to grow up with money and all that comes with it to understand the futility of money. well, my wife did not grow up with money, but she grew up with some ideals unfortunately lost in todays middleclass society which puts personal honor much higher than money and status.

you have to understand, WYD, that there are people around, who simply refuse to live the lifestyle modern society wants them to conform to. i am one of them.

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for an interesting reply to a subject which I am pretty occupied with. I am engaged to a girl in her last year at university (Vietnamese, not Thai), and we are also expecting our first child. So we will have to find a balance between career and family ourself.

Your priorities are very different from what often is portrayed on this board for Thai woman. It would seem the spouse comes last for Thai girls (after the family dog), if much which is written here is true. That amazes me, as I was married to a Thai girl for years and it was not my experience.

As you say, marriage is about finding a balance to keep both happy with life. Married to a military man must have meant sacrafices with all that moving around.

Thanks friend, for interesting posts with a different view than usually is here.

Cheers!

>>>which makes a sweet revenge over fate when i see my Issan friends married and happy with foreigners/friends in farangland, having discovered there's more to life than being the ever-giving daughter or the left out pregnant 18 YO, possibly having moved up a lot higher than your typical middle-class thai women still dealing with mia nois and stupid bosses back in the asphalt jungle of BKK.<<<

one effect it had on my missus was selfconfidence. she has traveled and lived with me in places in europe which somehow seem to be on the top of the status-list ( ;) ), somehow nice to see the envy in the eyes of someone who thinks being born with a bit more money also means being a better human. ::

Archived