Crackdown Over! Police lay down the law!

quote:

Originally posted by simie:

Lucky, just a bit surprised about soi 8 girls being fussy in july, which is after all low low season. As lets face it, being polite most of them are'nt exactly "miss world" contenders!

Cheers Simie.

I agree with you, right, you are exactly correct more than 100%...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll by-pass Bangkok on this year's trip to Thailand. Nana closes at 1 am and seems to be on shaky ground. The dancers were pulled off the stage at Clinton, but might be back on Tuesday. And all of the other farang venues close at 1 a.m. sharp, or rather 12:45 a.m. according to some of the posts.

By contrast, when I read the Phuket and Pattaya thread, it seems like things are back to normal there. I think I will go to Phuket instead and just skip Bangkok this year.

Originally posted by Uncle Miltie:

[QB]shape. I recall reading a several weeks back that this "crackdown" would only last two weeks

I was the one that said the crackdown would only last two weeks. My mistake. I meant that the true intent of the police would be clear in two weeks. It is now clear that the true intent of the police is to shut the entertainment areas frequented by Farnags at 1AM. I really don't know what is happening in the Thai areas which are really a different kind of animal. Anybody interested in checking could go out to the bars by Saphan Kwai tonight and see what't cooking.....But I'm not going out there.

Checked out Clinton Plaza tonight at 7PM. Doll house had a couple of dancers on the stage. Hollywood East said they were going to have dancers tonight and I saw a couple girls I knew in their bikinis intending to dance tonight. Hardrock had all the lights on and the touts were really grabby and saidthere would be dancing. I asked when and the touts said now. I poked my head inside and saw only naked poles...no ladies, naked or otherwise. I telephoned a dancer at White House who said she was at work and there would be dancing tonight. Didn't look inside.

I didn't really have time to poke around any more but it looked like there was going to be, at least, a token attempt at dancing tonight.

as far as i can remember the saphan kwai bars always closed around one o'clock, but i haven't been there in a long time.

according to the thai news most thai places are equally hit by the crackdown.

I have just heard on the grapevine that as of tomorrow night the government will be closing down Bangkok. The reasoning is apparently that if there are no people in Bangkok there will be no crime. Traffic is expected to be busy tomorrow and all tickets have been booked for trains leaving the capital.

Police have warned that they will not stand for people hanging around on the steps of Thermae, as this is still theoretically part of Bangkok.

Not sure how much truth there is in this…..

Roger

Thanks Roger. Good to know this. Think I'll go to Cambodia. Anybody know any good places in Phnom Penh?.....Just kidding k11Fan. Not kidding about a couple days holiday in PP and a visa stamp update in my passport. Check you guys from PP.

I spoke with three different bar owners in Soi Cowboy last night. For what it is worth (maybe just optimism) all said they expected things to be back to normal the first week of October when the new police managers (whatever this means) are in place. I heard that one before, but at least it is some good news.

One owner told me his bar closed down at 2AM Friday night, and he expected the same that night (Saturday).

Unfortunately, he was wrong and the cops arrived just before 1AM and ordered the place cleared.

Hi

"Incidentally, Khun Sanuk, I dont mean to have a go at you but I think you are wrong to close the Clinton Plaza thread, it is an big issue on its own and I can see this one getting very messy."

Maybe, but having several threads discussing the same topic (and I think the CP thread was doing that) would be just as messy.

Sanuk!

PS I edited your post to remove my name, hope you don't mind.

(Thanks Khun Sanuk, for mentioning the nature of your edit. Whenever people see a guy's posting with a notation that it has been edited by a Moderator or Administrator, it really raises some suspicious feathers. Brief explanations always build board trust and enthusiasm--good policy) smile.gif" border="0

Archived