Thai Brothels

Pescator

No end to where it happens, or who knowingly or unknowingly patronizes these establishments...

That is unfortunately very true.

I recall while living in Phuket that I read in the news how several young girls burnt to death because they were chained to their bed and the building they lived in caught fire.

They had been working as prostitutes in Phuket.

Hua Nguu.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, that story has been repeated severel times, in severel locals. Here in SFO, it seems they raid at least one major place every year, which harbors endentured women, Chinese, Vietnamese, South American, Filipinas and Russian... Some of the places raided are "main stream" massage parlors, not some back ally place that only caters to that ethnic group. So again, we may be unwittingly patronizing the very type of establishment we seek to avoid elsewhere...

I wouldn't dream of speaking for Flyonzewall. He seems quite capable of doing so himself.

But...

I didn't read Flyonzewall's comment as an attack on Hua Nguu. It was surely a simple reminder that not all girls in all places are entirely willing and happy employees, and that if one chooses to visit some establishments, one should at least be acquainted with the facts - and those facts are that upcountry brothels catering indeed to Thais primarily do have a higher percentage of 'bonded' girls. Please don't lets pretend that practice is okay. Surely that's nothing to do with 'sanuk' which is what this board is about.

And please don't confuse this with 'political correctness'. If he was politically correct he wouldn't be seen within eight URLs of this board.

ranma

Old Hippie. From talking to some people (girls who've worked in, and one owner) in the Massage Parlor Scene (mainstream) in San Francisco, I gathered that there is a lot of trafficking, and general forced labour going on within that circuit that the police are not going to ever tap into. Who knows when Willie Brown disappears.... oh, yeah back to LOS

So, I agree its hard to be responsible and conscientious in a world where shoes, clothes, and most consumer goods all come from factories and people we never see.

We cannot be aware in any universal way that I know of--who has the time to even do the research necessary to know exactly what's going on where? and CNN or 20/20 exposes are about at thin and myopic, as the skin of the anchors after a dozen facelifts.

I mean the Thai CDs bootlegged on the street are often produced in the Northern Part of Shan State by Opium Warlords!! ::

However, I think there was some overreaction at the beginning of this post. The board is not littered with guys encouraging girls being chained to beds!!! I don't suspect in my darkest hour. I mean c'mon?

Honestly that is not going to provide the kind of GF experience, or pleasure that is mostly what people talk about or seem to be seeking on here.

That said I would mention that from my experience you are not welcome at some Thai Brothels, and are viewed with immense skepticism and reserve esp. if you speak Thai well. I don't know what the reaction is if you don't speak, or if they will try to rip you off. I recommend going with Thai friends if possible... eases the whole process, and any potential discomfort considerably.

The occurrence of disease and passivity of the women is far higher, and the environments particularly rooms for the act to commence are remarkably more bleak, and sparse. I have seen a mattress just propped on a wall and tossed down. The scene is definitely something you should have moved towards of your own volition, or be able to speak enough that you land there with friends or something similar... don't turn loose like cowboys just because you read it, and sounds OK enough on nanaplaza.

I would not recommend taking an upcountry sanuk tour through the thai brothel scene, as a counterpoint to a week in Pattaya, kao jai mai? ::

the_numbers

The occurrence of disease and passivity of the women is far higher, and the environments particularly rooms for the act to commence are remarkably more bleak, and sparse. I have seen a mattress just propped on a wall and tossed down. SNIP

I would not recommend taking an upcountry sanuk tour through the thai brothel scene, as a counterpoint to a week in Pattaya, kao jai mai

Neither would I. I also made a point out of that and said if you`d happen to be in the area.

You definitely make some valid points here.

You can forget about the GF experience in these place, some might see this as an advantage though. No false pretenses here. It is definitely a more hardcore scene.

Due to high numbers of customers I would also suspect the occurrence of disease to be significantly higher. As a consequence girls may insist on you using 2 condoms as a additional precaution.

If you`d like to take one of the girls out for some days be prepared to pay a significant amount of money to the mamasan as compensation. Much higher than a barfine.

I have been touring the northeastern part of Isarn with Papasan and the entire "girl staff" when he decided it was time for a break and rented a minivan and crammed 12 people in there.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

"It was surely a simple reminder that not all girls in all places are entirely willing and happy employees"

Just to provide some perspective, I would venture to say that a decent number (though probably a smaller percentage) of girls in the agogos, beer bars, and massage parlors that many of us board members visit are not entirely willing and happy either.

My personal preference is to not go with ladies who seem outwardly unhappy and inexperienced. I broke that rule with a real stunner recently (little head overruling big head), had a predictable negative experience, and felt like sh#t afterward.

Suffice it to say, inexperienced and unwilling girls can be found in Cambodia, USA, Europe, rural Thailand, or right here in Bkk, and it is up to the individual to make good decisions.

>>>I mean the Thai CDs bootlegged on the street are often produced in the Northern Part of Shan State by Opium Warlords!! <<<

sorry, but that is simply not possible.

in that whole area are maybe not more than 10 computers, and they are all in a bording school in the wa state capital close to the chinese border.

"Here in SFO, it seems they raid at least one major place every year, which harbors endentured women, Chinese, Vietnamese, South American, Filipinas and Russian... "

Do you think that these girls are physically restrained from leaving the premises? If so, it seems to me that it would be fairly easy to free them by just calling in a phony 911 call such as a "Man with a gun etc", you will see the police all over the place and that would give the girls an opportunity to leave.

"He hasn't said "indentured" yet. (It's my favourite word of his ) "

I never heard of this before. I think, it is a "Flyonism".

No,it was actually used in The Nation or The Bangkok Post this week and I found it in the dictionary.

Ok Fly,U can go on ::

• 2 weeks later...

Archived