Thai Brothels

Pescator

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>What evidence do you have to make this statement?<<<

evidence?

i do know the scene since more than 13 years, i have heavily inguldged for the first few years as well, and had my own lapses in condom usage (well, until i got my big shock by getting a very nasty hyperresistant VD which took a few months to clear up).

i do still have many friends who play the scene (who rarely use condoms), i am friends as well with many women in the scene, friendships which are not only barfriendships, but go as far as going on prisonvisits when they are incarcerated. i am also friends with thai boyfriends of women who are working in the scene. i do speak to them in their own language.

basically, my evidence comes from being involved in that scene on more levels than most.

enough evidence?

[color:"red"]actually, most farang i know who are playing the scene do very irregularly if at all use condoms

Because many of us living here are friends and talk about our sexual practices ... the key words are "most farangs i know"

[/color]

I couldn't offer an opinion about the potential accuracy of conclusions drawn by someone based upon conversations about this subject. However, I can say that it is incomphrehensible to me that many individuals who do not use a condom would actually discuss this with others. To have a group that contains a majority of such individuals goes way beyond my comphrehension. Therefore, it is very hard for me to believe the stated conclusions.

This doesn't mean that it isn't true - but, way outside my frame of reference.

To speak about myself, I really, really dislike using condoms. But, I have never not used a condom during intercourse when in LOS. However, if due to temporary insanity, I did give in to temptation then I would be rather ashamed of my behavior and would not be anxious to discuss that with anyone.

So, given my frame of reference and my perception based upon my own behavior ....

>>>I really think the original poster was just trying to suggest alternatives to usual falang establishments and not zero in on a political/human rights issue about thai brothels.<<<

problem is, that in some of those "alternatives" there are very clear issues along the lines of gross human rights abuses. well, and according to thai law definite illegal activities.

>>>How I read it was he misused the wording "thai brothels". I got the feeling he was talking more about ratchada type hostess and karaoke bars and massage parlors and less about the traditional thai brothels as you defined.........<<<

well, in that case he should clarify that. because when you write "brothel", then generally you mean it.

i am just guessing here, not a statistic.

i think that farang tourists who do not come mainly for sex to thailand, but still might play the scene occasionally are generally the most conscious about condom usage.

i think that thais who visit brothels regularly are nowadays a lot more strict in condom usage. the statistics imply that the campaigns in recent years about using condoms in brothels were very successful. i was told that the rate of new infections in brothels under the thai population went down tremendously. also many conversations with many thai men about that subject would somehow confirm that.

the condomusage though during casual sex in the non-prostitution scene here is still very low, and that is worrying. it seems that young people here do not care much about condoms if they have affairs outside the brothelscene.

concerning the farang nightlife, i remember when i was playing, most girls were not insisting on condoms, i was generally the one who did. just yesterday i had a conversation with a farang friend about that subject. he said that in all the time here he used condoms only twice, and that was because only two girls were insisting on a condom, and that was out of hundreds.

Archived