Bus Stop

Man at Work

Being an American I think it is an excellent idea. Why not sell breakfast food at breakfast? I crave them every now and then when I stay for a length of time. When I was in China I noticed McD's selling breakfast. The only problem was the line I had to wait in.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I find the egg/sausage McMuffins with OJ very tasty indeed. Have wondered why they don't have a breakfast menu too?? I mean who could eat a Big Mac with large fries for breakfast? Wouldn't do me much good though as I am almost always still bedridden at 10:30 am...

The place I go to most often for breakfast is Bourbon Street in Washington square - I find their eggs benedict especially yummy, the place has a good atmosphere and is mostly empty in the afternoons. Good place to take a lady also. :) Oh yeah, I try not to think about what you told me about their kitchen facilities....

ST

Says walkingdude:

Being an American I think it is an excellent idea. Why not sell breakfast food at breakfast? I crave them every now and then when I stay for a length of time. When I was in China I noticed McD's selling breakfast. The only problem was the line I had to wait in.

They have breackfast at MCD's in Germany for years now. Really good! Especially after they changed their normal coffe--menue into a "Starbucks-Lite" kinda variety

>> ...my next adventures will be in Angeles City, RP in

>> December.

>>

>> I do have some guys that are 'commissioning' me to write

>> a book about Angeles City nightlife. This should be fun as

>> I know as much about that as I do quantum physics.

I think it would not take you such a long time as you need to become an expert on Quantum Physics, but I am sure that 3 weeks might be too less to become an expert on Angeles in the PI to be able to write a good book about the nightlife there. If you want to understand AC you have to learn a lot about the "bar flow", i.e.: many bars change their owners and their looking constantly, are closed down and reopened again later, etc, etc. You have to know the "important" peoples and the private parties there to get a good understanding of this place. and therefore 3 weeks is much too less....

You are probably right and I appreciate your constructive criticism.

I am already about 30 pages into the book, though, so if you don't mind, let's see what happens.

To be fair, I spend the first pages explaining why my writing is not to be considered expert views, but rather those of a casual sanuker in AC. To the best of my knowledge, and confirmed by many old-hands here, this has never been put on paper before. Sure you get plenty of excellent trip reports on the AC boards (just as you do here), but I am hoping to take it to another level, if I can.

Worse case scenario: if this goes nowhere, at least I will have documented a fun three weeks in AC. :)

Archived