Would LOS be a better place without prostitution?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There are quite a few parents in the North who sell their daughters for the sake of a refrigerator or TV/VCR, after seeing the goodies the neighbors got for selling theirs. Sometimes it's not outright selling, just sending them out on their own. Happens more than you might think. "

Yes, I am aware of this. It doesn't mean that it is accepted as a normal way to treat your kids.

Cheers!

Hi!

but if u lose the sex tourists and the automatic association of Thailand with prostitution then you change its image completely and would then you would attract a different type of perhaps more family oriented tourists perhaps

That is already happening in Sweden. Hoards of families go there, even my companies CEO is going there with his family this winter. They go to places like Pukhet and pretend that there is no prostitution there. They look down on us that go to Pattaya and BKK and go berserk if one points out that there is just as much prostitution in other places in Thailand.

What could happen I suppose is that the prostitution is driven underground and becomes more invisible. The PC wankers that run Sweden have done precisely that. The result is that criminal gangs are taking over the trade and trafficing of underage girls from eastern Europe has risen dramatically.

No country has ever stamped out prostitution and no one ever will.

regards

ALHOLK

Hansum_man say

"you would attract a different type of perhaps more family oriented tourists perhaps making up for the lost sex tourists"

I guess its possible for that. remember that Prostitution in thailand have been illeagal since 1960 or something like that.

but take away the Girls and you will take away 80% of the bars and market on the streets. will just be like Spain, Greece, France or Italy.

Econimically i dont know how they survive at all. from what i have seen the majority who goes to Thailand have been there before and accepts the Prostitues as a part of Thailand. so losing them i say in plain figures that even in High season you would have a loss of at lesat 60% of tourism there. but i bet Cambodia and Vienam ór Philipines would love this.......

sex tourist or not is not the point, the girls are there and they are beautiful charming and for your pleasure, the bars and discos would not be the same. (horible thought sit in a bar with just 10 englishmen with tatoos talking about Arsenal is not my idea of a good holiday.) "put len"

I am against forced labour, trafficing and sex slaves. i would rather think that all the girls are doing this of their own free will and with the chance of meeting someone perhaps. i dont want to think of it as simple prostitution as it is in other countries. i have been around in the world and seen many diffirent styles of this mostly i feel disgusted by the way they act or are. but in thailand its diffrent in my point of view.

I dont think it would be better off with no prostitues. less or more its the same. still you have places to go if you want to avoid them or not see them.....

[color:"blue"] Would LOS be a better place without prostitution? [/color]

Sure it would be.

Also without wet rice fields, polluted factories, boring offices.

Seriously, there must be millions of unpleasant jobs, prostitution not necessarily the worst IMO.

Archived