I've been invited to village.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I think, like you, that it was just a blessing, unless there some "not -easy-to-see" attachment to the strings!!!!<<<

nothing comes for free in this life, and i guess there are more than a few strings attached, but it seems that patom feels comfortable with that. ::

I really do not believe it was a wedding. No dowry, no wedding dress, just a way for the village to show some respect to their daughters' special friend. I am comfortable with what happened and thankful they respected me.

TTM

Bring comfortable clothes. All the men dressed in shorts ecept when they went to the rice fields. Tee shirts where fine there.

Have enough money to have a party the first day. Buy enough food and drink for everyone who shows up. By the way in my case only two young boys drank beer, no one else drank. Lots off cola. Afer that I bought food everyday. Maybe spent 200baht per day. Her sisters brother in law drove us around to take pictures so I bought gas. another 200baht, three times. As far as what to say, it was difficult. They would switch between Lao and Thai. I only know a few words in Thai so I really could't speak to them. Most disappointing part of trip. Gf English is like my Thai so she could only interpert a little. I will defintly go back probably March or April. I would recommend only doing this is if you are serious about your gf.

I'm out of town till Friday so I'll check back.

Cheers

"I will defintly go back probably March or April. I would recommend only doing this is if you are serious about your gf. "

Patom, around April can be extremly uncomfortable due to the heat. This has to be a main concern as there is no escape from it in the village. If you decide on April, you might consider going there during Songkran. Be aware of booking transport early though, as many go to Isaan during Songkran.

Cheers!

[color:"blue"] "I'm just waiting for the experts here to confirm my feeling that you are a married man now..........." [/color]

I can confirm that he is not a married man because I was in a Thai village north of Chiang Mai and they did the string ceremony to me but I was not there with a Thai lady but with 2 Thai friends (men).

Archived