I've been invited to village.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says patom:

My last night in her village he came to do the string ceremony. All these people kept coming and I got a little nervous. She saw this and explained to me that this was for good luck and a happy and wealthy new year. I just wished I could have understood what was said. But still the experience was fantastic.

Patom,

I'm just waiting for the experts here to confirm my feeling that you are a married man now........... at least in the eyes of all present then in the village.........

Did people not warn you against just that ?

Cheers !

Oh great, I thought it was just a way for the family to say goodbye and good luck.

The monk arrived about 7:00pm just before we were leaving to go the hotel. Grandpa, grandma, older sister mama and all the kids were there. Strangely father was not present. Nothing unusal they were always around. But then her younger sister came in which seemed a little different, Deang says she doesn't like her so I wondered why she was there. Oh well I'm telling myself just sit back relax and enjoy. The monk is speaking to Deang and then to her grandfather. He gives a string to him and they ask for my arm so he can tie it around my wrist. Everyone else has their hand under my elbow holding it up. The monks string is last and after he puts it on he blows on it three times and maybe makes the sound of spitting. It's over and Deang says we can go. I aksed just what happened and she said it is good luck for new year, Good health for your family and lots of wealth for the new year. Quite a good experience but no marriage.

At first made me wonder. That's it guys.

well, we told you so... ::

no, serious, i think you still a free man, i think that was just a blessing thing.

but still, i wanna better check with the missus when she's comes back from the village ina few days.

you know, just to be sure... ;)

Archived