I've been invited to village.

Hi,

Pattaya was a wonderful village in the late 60s and a few of us "students" used to go there to do some sailing. The last time I went there was 1987 and it was full of Arabs and women catered for them.

I would like to go to a place that a couple can sit around and enjoy ourselves, is there a place like that there?

Cheers!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I met my girl about 3 years ago this November, She mentioned that she would like to take me to her village to see her farm. We met in Bangkok and her village is in in Pu Keeo about 250 miles north of BKK. After another year of Phone calls and visits I finally agreed to see the village. Since the reletivley large city of Khon Kaen is an hour away I flew there from BKK and had her meet me at the hotel. From there we took a bus to her home town. She put me up at the local hotel telling me that her house was not very pretty and she wanted to make sure things were presentable. After we had a chance to unwind a bit she phoned her sister who convinced her to bring me over for a quick look see. We hailed a tuk tuk and headed for the village. By now it was night time and the roads were indecernable. I remembered thinking that If I had to make a quick getaway for whatever the reason I'm screwed.

As it turned, out I was happy to be staying in the hotel. The house was, to put it nicely, not fully completed. The windows and main entrance were covered with courrigated metal. and I could see the stars from inside the house depending on where I was sitting. I remember feeling so sorry for her that she had to live this way. My girl has two small children a boy who is about 14 now and a girl of about 8. Both parents are dead.

So I don't need to worry about sin sot. But I decided right then that I would do everything I could to make a better life for that family. I'm not rich and I have heard about the down side of sending money but 150 dollars a month can work wonders. I wish I could show you the before and after photos of the house. It's a world of difference.

I have never had people demanding money of me but there does seem to be an expectancy that there will be a nice party when I come to visit for which I will buy beer and Lao and thaifood. No problem. We'er talking 25.00 dollars at the most.

One poster brought up the fact that if she brings you to the village she is admitting to working as a prostitute. This seems to be true. Some will be jealous of the potential new wealth. Most of the time you will not know which people these are and you probably will not be told by your GF. Look out for the Thai men as they seem to be the worst. I almost got into a rather nasty confrontation because of something that was said to my girl by a drunken male neighbor. He made a dirty remark directed at her which was not the first time he had done so. I, feeling my American macho toughness, told him to fuck off and things quickly escalated into what could have become pretty nasty incident. I won't wast time going into the details here but watch your mouth and control your emotions. You should be fine. Peace on Earth.

I just got into bkk from Nongbualampu. Daeng's house was about 20km south of there. I stayed in the local hotel and was glad I did, not because I didn't like her place, but it was nice to have some privacy together at night. Her family all treated me great. Oldest sister always made sure I was quite happy.

The first day it took me a while to get comfortable as everyone came to greet me. Turned out to be a big party. I felt I was hit up for money too much but got used to saying no. All in all a great experience.

Boo

Yes I met the monk twice. The first time she took me to the temple and we did a sitting for about 15-20 minutes. I have no idea what was said. I asked Deang what was said and all she could say was that the monk told her save her money and that he liked me. My last night in her village he came to do the string ceremony. All these people kept coming and I got a little nervous. She saw this and explained to me that this was for good luck and a happy and wealthy new year. I just wished I could have understood what was said. But still the experience was fantastic. I felt at home. I just got home so I must unpack. Take care.

Archived