Expats and Xmas

khunsanuk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Seriously though, the male/female roles are still more defined here than they are in the West<<<

well, yeah, they are.

i have to be accountable for every penny i spend from my meager allowance... ::

she actually does go every evening through my wallet and i get interogated - hell is breaking loose when i can't back up every baht. :p

there must be some kind of conspiracy behind that. ::

Hi,

"i have to be accountable for every penny i spend from my meager allowance..."

Hahahaha, that sounds familiar. The allowance bit is reversed for us though. It's my money and I'll be the one in control of it. Something she is not at all happy about, but her idea of saving is sticking all our money in a Thai bankaccount at 1.5% interest, so this will not be changing :)

Sanuk!

>>>It's my money and I'll be the one in control of it. <<<

well, for us it's slightly different, it's my money - and she's in control of it. ::

i have to give to her though - she does a much better job in controlling my money than i would do. only before we did it that way i had a lot more fun spending...and a lot more trouble at home. ::

Did you buy a real christmas tree?

To me, it really isn't a real Christmas tree unless you got dat pine scent!

Last year was quite something for me as it was the first time I was't around some type of family setting (used to go over my friends' houses who had that whole christmas thing going on from kids to grandparents.

Now, Thanksgiving passed with barely a whimper and I expect Christmas will pass with a whisper. Things would be different if I had a serious girlfriend.

Thinking about doing that stupid WTC thing on New Years Eve though.

<<burp>>

but her idea of saving is sticking all our money in a Thai bankaccount at 1.5% interest

---------------------------

At least she has some idea about saving. This notion is lost on so many here, to begin with my GF. Maybe if the rates of interest in the banks were negative, she'd be more interested ::

>>>Thinking about doing that stupid WTC thing on New Years Eve though<<<

THis will be my first new years eve in Bkk. Heard about the WTC thing, but is it really worth the effort? csm

Archived