Expats and Xmas

khunsanuk

Says Goodthaigirl:

BB,

So, your gf went to St' Fransis Xavier school. Very good school for hi-so indeed.

Since we're talking about Christian practice and all that I decided to start a new thread. You might want to reply ? I asked the board members if they went to
Handel's Messiah Concerts ?

GTG,

Yep, she went St Francis and from there to Chula and then 2 more years in Sydney, and she holds a good job, and I'm proud for her ambitions !

Re the new thread, yep seen it and replied :)

Cheers !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the great Mr. Haendel and another mere handful of nice (mainly cookie-related-) side-effects: Christmas in the West is mainly awful these days. See people slip into a blind rage of consumerism. The shopping streets/malls are overcroded with desparate shoppers. Yep, that's all that the pre-Christmas time in western countries are about these days: BUY BUY BUY.

It's quite awful, really.

And from Dec. 24 to 26 all moms will be busy cooking, cooking, cooking and the rest of the assembled family will be busy arguing. Talk about time of contemplation :(

Actually I do love to spend time with my family yet the best christmas times I recall were the ones spent in Nanaplaza/Sukhumvit and Chiang Mai - in a Santa costume giving away cookies and flowers.

Aaahhh....what was the topic? oh yes: Xmas. No big deal. Or are you a dedicated Christian? Jesus...

Guest lazyphil

<<Out of curiosity, if you're a Catholic and married and you have sex with a bg, do you have to see the priest and ask for forgiveness. Or if you're single but have paid sex, do you have to do so as well ?>>

A Catholic having paid consensual sex with a bg sure beats those lovely Catholic priests raping little choir boys::

Archived