Thailands reputation

liquidflux

I still stand by my view though: Thailand is, basically, a whore society

-------------------------------

Not sure if you mean more than prostitutes in thailand are whores. i missed out on this discussion when it started, not enough time to participate, but I sometimes wonder where some of you staying here, have been in this country. Maybe you mean as a reputation, but i hope you've had enough insights into thai life, outside of P4P, not to think so yourself.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine most of your hookers are from the Eastern block, Sweden has such a generous welfare system there wouldnt really be a reason for them to prostitute themselves.

Saying that biker gangs are quite big in Scandanavia and the bikers often get women working for their old man so there might be a few swedish whores.

Swedish girls are supposed to boom boom at the drop of a hat anyhow so u should be OK.

STH

It has nothing to do with *our* experiences or perceptions but the general populace of most western countries....

-------------------------------

but since these are the very people we love to leave behind when we come here, they can shove up their opinion of Thailand up their U know what! IMO, and yours i am sure too...

What kind of impression will these places give the average farang family on vacation?

-----------------------

Why "will". Can use "do". Good enough a place that Thailand sees more visitors every year, Pattaya is definitely, trust my experience and eye-sight, more and more, frequented by farang families and couples. It is really there for all to see.

IMO, i would also think of other places if i had kids, but not because of the naughtiness, i just don't think it's such a great place for beach and farniente, abit too big to relax in family. But my opinion is certainly not shared by all those who come.

Actually, I am almost willing to bet Thailand is the country that gets the most repeat visitors of any kind (not just Joe sex tourist). 20 million visitors expected by end of the decade (up 8 or 9 this year), hardly a place suffering from its "reputation". IMO, of course....

what i dont like is to have a picture of a pussy in my face when i am walking with a girl to go somewhere to eat. what i dont like is people trying to pull me in some joints i never set my foot in.

i dont like paying 10 times more for something cause i am a tourist.

i dont like to arguee with the Tuk Tuk drivers about what a ride will cost every time.

-----------------------------------------

Easy! get out of the sex enclaves, think a bit above the waist, and visit Thailand.............

Everyone has his own perception and ideas of what is stunning.

--------------------------

sorry, I agree with legoL. Stunner is an altogether different thing than finding your GF beautiful. My GF is no stunner but she is more cute, lovable and sexy to me than a stunner.

A stunner is very simply a woman who has men (people actually) interrupting whatever they are doing to stare at her beauty. IMO, no BG, gogos fit that description. I have not seen all, though.

Still, Lego is right, very few girls deserve the reputation guys give them. Of course, for most guys I see walking Sukhumvit, compared to them, every girl is a stunner ::

Facts.....10K Thai women thought to believe servicing the falang tourist sex industry. 10 times that servicing the Thai market = approx. 1 million.

Thailand...= 60 million population = 1/60th of Thai population engaging in Thai sex trade. Truth be told, is this any different from any other country? I think not!. Thailand is not a country of whores. At least, when presenting this percentage against any other industriailized country. Aids hit Thailand big time, which brought it into focus, in the world-wide commmunity.

I wrote more about this, but deleted, due to contriversy. But I will say this. Thailand has established a reputation, due to its previous ignorance in dealing with the situation of HIV. That ignorance is long gone, but the stigmatism still remains.

HT

jasmine,

my visits to thailand are for business. before i went, people would say 'things', but i would get more 'slander' when i got home. i will admit i have 'partaken', and i will continue on my visits, thats why i'm a member of this board. but i have to admit the percieved 'reputation' does not equate to the reality. my first business trip i really didn't 'know' too much, but i had a chance to really explore bangkok. bangkok is a large city, with a great deal of mass and density, i would estimate the known 'red light' areas propably constitute less than 1% of 1% of urban area. the way some people's perception is that the whole city is 'red light', i tried to explain to them thats not so, and generally thai people are fairly conservative and very religious. lately i don't tell certain people i'm going to thailand for business, they don't believe me anyway....i also been to pattaya, now that place is a totally differant 'beast', but i must say, the golfing is great, where else can you go to almost 22 courses within a hours drive from downtown pattaya, lately i've seen lots of family in pattaya.......one day i believe the reputation will change, i hope for the goodness of thailand it does........and us punters can just lay low and enjoy without 'comments'

"Everyone has his own perception and ideas of what is stunning.

--------------------------

sorry, I agree with legoL. Stunner is an altogether different thing than finding your GF beautiful. My GF is no stunner but she is more cute, lovable and sexy to me than a stunner."

On second thought I agree, and I see the point. I wouldn't go around bragging about my girl being stunning either - that seems pretty stupid to me.

Cheers!

Archived