Thailands reputation

liquidflux

torneyboy say

"my point..

just to easy for them they dont have to use their heads. "

SiLeakHunt say

"technically speaking they do "

me say........

I think its diffrent to use their head or "giving" a head can you clear this out........... hehe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Whats this crap with rating girls anyway? "

CBK are you serious?

OK I know you are,but girls are widely rated,a striking example is the way they're set in the thai MPs,according to their look they're priced differently,often while sitting in the same fishbowl."

Sure, I rate girls according to looks if I am interested in them. What I don't do is laugh my ass off because I find a friends g/f's or wife not to fit my own taste in the looks department. That taste is a personal matter.

I reacted to your comment and evaluation of other peoples g/f's. Sorry if I came across harsh, but it pissed me off as I read it.

Cheers!

Still, I'd say that the scale of prostitution in Thailand is way over the top of any other industrialized country in the world.

-----------------------------------------

Thailand is not an industrialized country. Still, 2 out of 3 people live in the countryside, and live of agriculture. Even to many issan BKK migrants, the time to harvest is still one to go home.

Now, it does have industries and a big manufactoring sector, no doubt, BKK + the eastern seabord highway vistas can certainly induce people to think that the country is nothing but factories, but there's more to Thailand than that.

The fact is, it is because T is not a full-fledged industrialized nation, a foot and a half still in the 3rd world of inequities, corruption and lawlessness (well, laws not being enforced), little education, social protection or retirement for the big majority of its citizens, that generations of girls have been fodder to the sex industry. Maybe there are other factors, but that's a big one right there.

I wouldn't bet on it continuing to be so forthcoming to foreign sex tourists. There has already been a clampdown on nudity in bars. There has been the 2 am curfew. Thailand changes, and as they find out they can do without the sex tourists there will be more surprises in line.

Already today the tourism in Thailand has more than one leg to stand on, as you also said Akarr.

Yes, and according the Wall Street Journal, Far Eastern Economic Review and Time tourism is down in Thailand. It's probably mostly Bali, but we're kidding ourselves if we think the Thai tourist industry would be as strong without the pay for play industry. Does anyone really think this industry will go away? And why should it?

Rather than engage in this elaborate pretense that prostitution is really not all that prevalant in Thailand or that it doesn't make a significant contribution to the Thai economy, why not just accept it? I am sure some punters have moral hangups about their pay for play, but that doesn't change reality of why they come here and continue to come here often. Pause for a moment and consider what this board is about.

While I agree with the general content of your post I find it unneccessary to ONCE AGAIN try to insult me.

Let me remind you that YOU initiated flaming by calling me 'a vegetable'. A few minutes later after I've told you to piss off you did in fact change your wording slightly to take out the very worst of your comment and at the same time, very carefully I assume, uncheck the 'mark as edited' box so as it would seem as you did nothing. You know what I'm talking about, eh!?

And now you're still at it. -- What the hell is your problem? :angel: You don't know anything about me, and I suspect, very little about Sweden as well. So spare me.

-- Show me any other country where it's believed that 70-90% of the male population lost their virginity to a prostitute.

-- Show me any place of the same 'whoring dignity' as Pattaya.

-- Show me any other capitol city that has more & bigger red light districts than Bangkok or where you'll find a whore house (whether it'll be a massage parlour or a 'dirty' karaoke joint) in almost any other neighbourhood.

-- Also, when traveling around in Thailand, isn't it funny how there's always a massage parlour/brothel in every other town, regardless how small that town may be?

----------------------------

this is the whole point. For many thais, it is accepted, and they throw no opprobrium to it. Your very use of the word "whore" puts the usual western man slant to it, wether you wished to do so or not. I think i'd rather let the thais tell me themselves if their country is a society devoted to whoring. And how bad that is. How much as I deplore that girls resort to it, I am still not of the mind to define thais and Thailand as solely a place where whoring rules, because there's an old brothel at the end of town. IMO

"I am sure some punters have moral hangups about their pay for play, but that doesn't change reality of why they come here and continue to come here often. Pause for a moment and consider what this board is about. "

Gadfly, my point was not if I would like the foreign sex scene to go away or not. Its was rather a reflection that Thailand might be less forthcoming to the scene in the future, like when the gogo bars were closed in Manila.

Wether we like the industry or not is irrelevant in this discussion.

Cheers!

When prostitution involves two consenting adults, how is it a problem?

-----------------------------

yes, this is why one should not blame the guy or the girl, but the factors that lead to girls laying on their back rather than getting an education or being able to be working and live with their kid(s).

If you ask a guy in a gogo, where would he like to be at that very moment, he'll tell you "Here! Are you kidding". try to get the same answer from the girl he's BFining. Not saying you are wrong, but the problem of prostitution, if any, has nothing to do with mutual consent. IMO

Archived