Thailands reputation

liquidflux

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thailand...= 60 million population = 1/60th of Thai population engaging in Thai sex trade. Truth be told, is this any different from any other country? I think not!. Thailand is not a country of whores. At least, when presenting this percentage against any other industriailized country.

I really, really, really do not think so! Of course Thailand is not a country solely of whores. On the contrary, it's a very strict society where religion plays a very important role. I'm not refuting that, also I'm not of the opinion that the majority of Thailands females, or males for that part, are whores. Of course not! I'm also not saying that everything in Thailand revolves around the prostitution scene. Absolutely not! Hell, I'm not even saying that being a whore (having sex for money whether it's occasional or regular) is necessarily something bad -- but that's altogether a different issue...

Still, I'd say that the scale of prostitution in Thailand is way over the top of any other industrialized country in the world. Yup. I say so though I've no real figures to back it up with. It's only a hunch after a mere two years in the country.

I'll try to point out something however to back it up with:

-- Show me any other country where it's believed that 70-90% of the male population lost their virginity to a prostitute.

-- Show me any place of the same 'whoring dignity' as Pattaya.

-- Show me any other capitol city that has more & bigger red light districts than Bangkok or where you'll find a whore house (whether it'll be a massage parlour or a 'dirty' karaoke joint) in almost any other neighbourhood.

-- Also, when traveling around in Thailand, isn't it funny how there's always a massage parlour/brothel in every other town, regardless how small that town may be?

Let me also remind you of the phenomenon of 'mia nois' in Thailand.

At least in Sweden, outside of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmoe (and it's not particularly easy to find P4P even there) you can search yourself green until you find a female that will have sex with you for money.

I'd also like to point out that I lived in the U.S. for a couple of years. In my experience, U.S., as well, has nothing up on Thailand when it comes to prostitution.

Straycat

[color:"green"] Actually, I am almost willing to bet Thailand is the country that gets the most repeat visitors of any kind [/color]

You would lose that bet. Think about France and Spain. Each one gets many times the tourists Thailand gets and alot of those are repeat visitors. Plus all the condos foriegners own.

Straycat,

I do not agree with your assessment. While it is very easy to find Massage parlours, brothels, Karaoke and Go-go bars all over the country I believe that H.T's. statistics reflect somehow the reality.

The Philippines have a similar reputation and give it another 2-5 years then you'll find more and more entertainment places in the big cities of China. Even here in Japan, in Tokyo in particular, there are districts where bars are all over the place. Prostitution in this country may be more common than in Thailand, but of course at a much higher price.

What makes Thailand so infamous is not the number of prostitutes etc. but the fact that the sex industry is straight into once face, at least in Bangkok, Patthaya and Phukhet.

Mia nois are not limited to Thailand. In China this used to be the norm before 1949 and it's starting again in a big way. There are hundreds if not thousands of Mia Noi in Shanghai who have their suggar daddies from Taiwan. This whole concept is part of almost all Asian cultures and not exclusively Thai. It's accepted and nothing is wrong with that.

Any comparison btw the Western world and Thailand (Asia) is a joke (no pun intended). In the US prostitution is illegal. Many people talk about sex but to show is a crime. I know prostitution is also illegal in Thailand, China...... but in the end who cares in Asia?

Hi!

Yes Sweden does have a well developed wellfare system. In Stockholm we still have a lot of homeless people on the streets. Obviously not anyone fits into the system.

The big biker gangs are Hells Angels and Bandidos. I have never heard that they would be involved in prostitution. Drugs and extortion seem to be their thing.

Swedish girls are supposed to boom boom at the drop of a hat anyhow so u should be OK.

I don't have a hat. :(

regards

ALHOLK

I cannot comment much on the government, sorry.

None of us can comment on the government and that, to me, is a much bigger problem than prostitution. Corruption is also a much bigger problem than prostitution, if you assume prostitution is a problem.

When prostitution involves two consenting adults, how is it a problem? I know prostitution is a sensitive issue among Thais involving face, but ultimately I do not see prostitution per-se as anything to lose face over. My two satangs worth of advice: instead of denying prostitution's prevalance, deny its relevance, and focus on issues that really matter, such as corruption.

Says jp1:

Straycat,

What makes Thailand so infamous is not the number of prostitutes etc. but the fact that the sex industry is straight into once face, at least in Bangkok, Patthaya and Phukhet.

Mia nois are not limited to Thailand.

Sure no one knows where prostitutes can be found in Paris, Hannover, Hamburg, Lisboa, Salamanca, Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Atlanta, SAn Diego, Montreal, Milano, Rome...to name a few cities I went to??? Not straight into your face there??? what a joke...:hubba:

Archived