Thailands reputation

liquidflux

i wont even bother to discuss this anymore.....

Thailand has a reputation of beeing a attraction for sex tourists. have been and will always be as long as there is bars with girls that is willing to sell themselfs.

wait until Laos opens the borders then i guess the majority of sextourist will go there.

but in the last few years more and more familys is going to thailand for holiday.

so who knows maybe there is hope and change for the reputation if we want to change it that is...

my last comment in this subject

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thailand has a reputation of beeing a attraction for sex tourists. have been and will always be as long as there is bars with girls that is willing to sell themselfs."

I wouldn't bet on it continuing to be so forthcoming to foreign sex tourists. There has already been a clampdown on nudity in bars. There has been the 2 am curfew. Thailand changes, and as they find out they can do without the sex tourists there will be more surprises in line.

Already today the tourism in Thailand has more than one leg to stand on, as you also said Akarr.

Cheers!

[color:"blue"]" Don't worry about changing some people's narrow minded perception of Thailand." [/color]

I am doing just the opposite, I try and achieve to change people's mind about Thailand. I live in a little town and since I have travel the last 5 years in Thailand the travel agency here is putting me in relation with people who are thinking to go to Thailand for their vacation. I sometime find that for some people the only thing that was holding them to go was the prostitution perception that it was everywhere and providing for pedophile. I had to explain without hiding the fact that the prostitution was there but not everywhere and that Thailand was much more than that. Every person or couples that I spoke to have made a trip to Thailand and found out what I was saying to them was right and admit that Thailand was much more than that. One couple I met 3 years a go are leaving for the third time next January for Thailand . The comment that all of them made when they came back was that they were impress by the hospitality of the Thai people. I think I made a very little difference about the perception of Thailand but those people who made a trip to LOS are now making a little difference to. Maybe if everybody who is travelling to Thailand on this board try to make that little difference maybe it will become a big difference, don't you think? :)

[color:"red"]I guess the point about MP's and brothels would mean that LOS is more open about the vices of the flesh and don't want to waste public resources in forcing it underground. [/color]

This is completely wrong, IMO. Sure they are more open, but at the same time look at the amount of time and money this govenment has wasted trying to suppress the industry.

It isn't a thought out attempt to say "Hey it would cost us more to control it, let's just regulate it." I don't give them that much credit.

It is simply about money, and more money can be made if you force people to bribe police and/or officials in order to stay open.

The police aren't spending their time or resources on more pressing concerns, no they waste the same amount of time and resources extorting and playing shadow games with the industry all the while ignoring things theirtime could be better spent on.

Like corruption.....

Archived