Thailands reputation

liquidflux

Hmmm. Not sure. ::

Too much whiskey and not enough thought. I think I'm refering to Thailands history and cultural development; the source to why it is as it is in Thailand today, perhaps?

On the other hand, I might be referring to the state of Europe just a couple of hundred years ago when whore houses were much more common than it is today.

Make your pick! :)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Straycat:

Hmmm. Not sure. ::

Too much whiskey and not enough thought. I think I'm refering to Thailands history and cultural development; the source to why it is as it is in Thailand today, perhaps?

On the other hand, I might be referring to the state of Europe just a couple of hundred years ago when whore houses were much more common than it is today. [color:"blue"] You ever been to Prague, Pilsen, Budapest or Kiew???
[/color]

Make your pick!
:)

Hi!

Thailand has shit-poor reputation in Sweden and probably all over Scandivavia.

I don't know how long ago you left Sweden but things are changing rapidly. Thailand is emerging as the most popular holliday destination among Swedes and the majority that go there are families on group tours. I have met Swedes that tenaciously maintain that there exists no prostitution on Puhket. HaHaHa. Bottom line is that no family is going to let on that they have spent their holliday on sex tour destination so Thailands reputation is changing. Hell, even the CEO of my company is spending xmas in Krabi with his wife.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

You're confusing the Swedish government with the Swedish people. We who live here have learned to ignore idiots who believe that their main task in life is to run other peoples lives.

Who cares what a judgmental society like that thinks anyway?

Probably about the same number that care about posters who in lack of arguments choose to attack other posters or their countries.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I could be wrong. I have only lived here for 50+ years so I can't possibly have your extensive knowledge of the Scandinavian countries. :D

You're confusing the Swedish government with the Swedish people. etc, etc

Well, fuck me! Isn't Sweden a democracy then, where people elect a government to be representative of them?

Since the original poster's argument was about Thailand's reputation in his home country, how can replying directly to that be a "lack of argument" or an "attack on other posters or their countries"? The argument still stands. I.e. Who cares what they think? They haven't got that great a reputation themselves anyway. And lastly, there's the ironic one that, if you don't like generalisations about yourselves, why make them about others? In that case, what are they worth?

Archived