It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I have read a lot of comments about Thai society from long-term expats. When they talk about the nightlife and prostitution, usually there is a warning against falling in love with and marrying a prostitute. They talk about the low success rate of such a union. Some of the reasons for this are the unwillingness of the woman to work at the relationship to make it a success, their lack of desire to get a formal education, their tendancy to return to prostitution, etc. From this I infer a lack of respect towards them vs. a non-prostitute, but there certainly are other reasons for the low success rate that are not at all the woman's fault."

It probably must be an extremely rare exception (worth mentionning in the Guiness Book of records) that ALL the couples who live around Chumpon I happen to frequent quite often have gf's of the bg variety.

Getting away from the scene is a logical first step for building a lasting relationship. The ladies I know have what it take to make their relationships work. frosty.gif

>A bar fine of say 500 baht for one day would equate to about 15,000 a month. I don't think the girls get that much of a basic salary. You think the bar owners don't take a commission from a barfine?

A quota of 7-8 bfines - all goes to the bar owner. Above that, 80-100 baht bonus for each extra bf.

Theoretically, an extra 2200Bht per month for the girl.

That's a widely accepted practice but not the only one. Also, when the bonuses kick in may vary.

>ladies I know have what it take to make their relationships work.

I would think - certain % of bgs have that potential to develop a relationship. I mean certain number that's left after we rule out ones who are already in a relationship with Thai bf/husband.

IMO, that potential, when it exists and gets adequately encouraged, make the difference between failed and succesfull relationship with bgs.

Personally, I know some bgs who have social skills of a scorpion and will never be able to click in with anyone for more than 2-3 days or a week. And they are still getting money from abroad.

[color:"red"]It probably must be an extremely rare exception (worth mentionning in the Guiness Book of records) that ALL the couples who live around Chumpon I happen to frequent quite often have gf's of the bg variety.

Getting away from the scene is a logical first step for building a lasting relationship. The ladies I know have what it take to make their relationships work. [/color]

Thalenoi,

Do you mean that the BGs you refer to in Chumpon are no longer in the P4P scene? Do you attribute this to the success of their relationship?

Harlequin

[color:"red"]Faulty logic.

Just because there are lots of warnings about falling in love does not infer a lack of respect for said girls. [/color]

Gummigut,

Possibly true. As far as I can remember, the long-term expats warnings do not explicitly say they have less respect for the women vs. a non-prostitute. I get the feeling that this is what they mean, but I am reading between the lines here.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] By taking your time to grasp the concept of the word and not so desperately try to make it fit your personal views. [/color]

You are the one who is getting desperate, quibbling over the definition of a word.

[color:"red"] Prejudice by your definition: a judgment or opinion made before the facts are known. Now, that's YOU and your views of prostitutes, as you so gracefully admitted yourself.

[/color]

Again, I don't have all the facts about prostitution and neither do YOU.

[color:"red"] Now if somebody makes a punter out to be a lowlife scumbag based on the FACT that he cheated a girl out of her money, then it has nothing to do with prejudice anymore, because he is judged based on the FACTS. There's a MAJOR difference between the two, don't you understand?

[/color]

Do you understand that it is also a FACT that prostitutes provide sexual services for money?

[color:"red"] Instead you try the rationalize this huge difference away by making them part of a group of "lowlife scumbag punters who fail to compensate prostitutes", how pathetic is that? [/color]

I am not rationalizing anything here. I am just saying that these people can be regarded as a group by their actions, just like prostitutes can. What is pathetic about that?

[color:"red"] By your so called abstract view of the term prejudice, everybody would be prejudiced all of the time because nobody can know ALL of the facts. [/color]

Just to remind you, it is also the view of a respected dictionary as well, composed by, I dare say, people who have a better command of the English langauge than you or I.

To a greater or lesser extent, we are all prejudiced because we can never completely know 100% of the facts about a group of people. I think when the word is used in everyday speech, what is meant is that a person is very prejudiced (i.e. the make a judgement based on very few facts or facts irrelevant to the judgement).

[color:"red"] Come on, humor me and show me were I am prejudiced. [/color]

See my previous remarks.

[color:"red"] No, this discussion was about you passing out judgements before the facts are known. I have not made any judgements at all here, except about your prejudism. [/color]

Just out of curiousity, what is you judgement, if any, about prostitution in Thailand? I am not saying this has anything to do with what we are debating, so if you don't want to answer, Mai Ben Rai.

Harlequin

[color:"red"]Personally, I know some bgs who have social skills of a scorpion and will never be able to click in with anyone for more than 2-3 days or a week. And they are still getting money from abroad.[/color]

TTM, agreed, but then the ex-bg's over here have at least over 400 days click-ins...(the time I spent around Chumpon) :p

Now getting money from abroad....almighty....

Archived