It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

Its funny to see...........

when i made a post how much money i spent i got comments on its guys like you that make prices go up........

i always paid for myself even if they not ask for it and aso even after they cheated, left me or betrayed me i still pay them.

if i take a girl out of a bar to have sex with i pay them. whatever they ask if they ask for to much i just send them home compensating them for the loss time.

But i must say its funny now to see how people react cause of what a BG said and that a customer didnt pay her. well i guess there muct be more to it but whatever the guy did wrong and should have given her money for it. i dont say how much or anything but at least given her something and not leave her stranded.

Another story that i know of is this swedish guy i met down in thailand hes 21 years old first time in thailand and said to me he never go with a bargirl. well didnt know what to say but hes GF he had worked at the same bar as the girl i had with me.....(englishmans GF). He is planning to stay in Thailand for 6 months, he likes her very much and he didnt belive me when i told him the facts about that girl and who she was, apparently she told him she was a student and she was on holiday when she meet him. well now when his money is ending after 2 months she is not so happy with him anymore and they have split up and hes angry at her cause of the way she treats him when hes not paying for what ever she asks or when he wants to just sit tight and not spend any money. last email i got from him was 2 days ago and he telling me that they not staying together at this point and hes looking for a ticket back to sweden now.

from what i know he only lend her some money that she was suppose to give back but i told him ( when pigs fly) i guess he got that message.

cheers

if you buying something you always pay for it. the price you pay well thats up between you and the vendor

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Akarr. Scamming, taking advantage of the ignorant, is wrong in any language, whoever the perpetrator, whoever the victim. It hurts all the same, as I sympathised with you in a post a few weeks ago, when you got jilted by your gf. Same thing had happened to me a year ago, if you remember. But we in the west are more educated, more wealthy, more resilient??? we?re holding most of the cards in the pack anyway. Up to us how we play them.

chok dee krap. :)

[color:"red"] Says harlequinbkk:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robaus,

While I do not in any way condone what the Asian-American punter did, nor am I shedding a lot of tears for your friend for her loss. This may sound harsh, but nonwithstanding her 'lovely nature', she is a prostitute.

Harlequin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that's the reasoning behind these creeps that don't pay. After all they are just prostitutes and therefore are worthless and so it doesn't matter if you use and abuse them. I do hope this young girl gets out of this business for her sake because she will only be hurt by the men who have no souls that she will meet in this business. Try to get her to rechange her thinking that caused her to choose this as an option in the first place.

[/color]

The fact that she is a prostitute is the reason why I do not feel much symapathy for her loss. As to why the creep does not pay, I can only speculate: greed? ignorance? revenge for being cheated by a prostitute in the past?

Of course, prostitutes are not worthless, nor should they be abused. I entirely agree with you that she will continue to be hurt by men with no souls and thus should change her profession.

Harlequin

[color:"red"]Whilst you make some valid points about learning the hard way, she is still an entity performing a service and is entitled to be paid for it. I feel the same way about this case as I do about any other hardworking small business owner being taken advantage of by a rogue. Most bargirls are struggling as it is. Moralising about her behaviour does not lessen the crime against her.

[/color]

I agree, her profession does not lesson the crime against her, but it does lessen my sympathy for her loss.

I recall reading a post several month ago. Someone was talking about a friend of theirs, a Thai lady who ran a small booth at Pantip Plaza. She put in long hours running her business, for which she earned about 6,000 Baht per month. This is roughly the amount a prostitute would expect to receive after spending a week with a farang customer (in addition to living, entertainment, gift and travel expenses). Would you feel the same amount of sympathy for the prostitute as for the Pantip booth owner if both were cheated out of 6,000 Baht of earnings?

Harlequin

Just because of what she does it doesnt mean that she can expect a lower standard of treatment.

She is not doing anything inherently bad, it is more a quasi - religious judgement, you have to separate your judgement from you religious belief system ( hope it makes sense I have had 5 pints of stella for x mas lunch)

STH

[color:"red"]Being a bargirl does not necessarily make one a bad person. I?m a great believer in walk a mile in someone else?s shoes before you judge them. I sometimes wonder what I would have done if I?d been unlucky enough to be born poor in a 3rd world country, with a corrupt government that only provides rudimentary education, no welfare safety net, no minimum wage or workers rights, and a class system that wants to keep me in my place at the bottom of the pile. Throw in a failed marriage or relationship. Then you see another girl return to your village happily married with a falang husband and child, who in one giant leap has transcended all the disadvantages you were born with. Must be very tempting. Swallow the opium of the masses, accept my fate and pray for a better life in the next one or go to Pattaya to look for a falang myself, because one sure as hell isn?t going to stroll through my village in Issan or wherever. Hmmm ?. not sure how holier than thou I?d manage to remain if I were in that situation![/color]

Robaus,

Perhaps it is easier to be holier than thou when one is affluent. But then again, the majority of Thai women born in poor circumstances somehow manage to refrain from becoming prostitutes. I only hope that I would have the moral fibre to follow their example if I were in the same circumstances as they.

You make a good point about the temptations that are presented to a young lady in a poor Thai village. I don't think so much that people are 'good' or 'bad', but rather that they are 'strong' or 'weak' (spiritually, not physically). Strong people resist temptations, weak ones sucumb to it.

If you were born a woman in a poor Thai village, how far would you go for money? Would you prostitute yourself? If you were a prostitute, how far would you go to increase your earnings? Would you lie to your customer ('You hansom man', 'I no have Thai boyfriend', 'I only sleep with you', 'I love you')? Would you manipulate your customer's feeling and emotions to maximize your earnings?

What if you were a Thai man born in poor village? Would you want your girlfriend or wife to work as a prostitute? Could you tolerate living off their earnings? Would you consent to having your daughters work as prostitutes?

Harlequin

Archived