Fuck Heineken!!!

Hi jp1!

Yes, I'm quite sure. I could be wrong, of course. In Europe, at least, San Miguel is marketed as a Spanish beer (and produced by San Miguel Fabricas de Cerveza). Also, when in Spain you'll notice that San Miguel can be found absolutely everywhere.

I could not find out more info on Internet though. It seems the www.sanmiguelbeer.com web site is down. The Philippine version is up though....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Straycat,

just browsed a bit the web regarding San Miguel. Following results:

San Miguel is the largest publicly listed food, beverage and packaging Co. in the Philippines. Founded in 1890 as a single -product brewery. Today they've over 100 production facilities in the Philippines, Australia, SE Asia and China, among them factories in Hongkong, Guangzhou, Bada Baoding (China) and even in Vietnam.

http://www.sanmiguel.com.ph/flash/[/url]

Yeah, but I don't think that's the full story. For example it does not mention it's also brewed in Madrid and Barcelona.

Remember also that some beers in Europe has been brewed under the same brand since the 1600-1700's.

I doubt San Miguel is of Philippine origin -- but, again, I could be wrong.

Well I'm also not absolutely sure. But founded in 1890, that was the year when Spain had to surrender to the USA and the Philippines became an American colony. Perhaps they just used the name of the Spanish company San Miguel, but to me it seems that San Miguel in the Ph. is not linked to the Spanish company.

Yes, there's also an unusual amount of links between San Miguel and Philippines when doing a search on the Internet. It may very well be an original Philippine product!

So, yet another Asian country that produces a better beer than Thailand ;)

What about Japanese beer? I've only tried Asahi -- but thought it was rather 'thin'.

What about Japanese beer?

Yes, now on the subject, I saw a Japanese beer (forgot the name) and my eyes nearly fell out when I saw the price.

Normal can (o.33l) .....110 BAHT!!! What the hell is that?

It really got me curious. Anybody knows what it tastes like?

I must taste it someday. Must be something special.

It's a silver can with black letters written on it in Japanese style. I think it was something like 'SAKI' but I'm not sure. ::

Yes! Ebisu is great beer as well!!!

Tsingtao is one of the most underrated beers in Hong Kong......Great Beer!

SB.

PS Don't have San Mig which is brewed HK....terrible! Always insist on the San Mig PHP.....

Archived