Fuck Heineken!!!

It's a silver can with black letters written on it in Japanese style. I think it was something like 'SAKI' but I'm not sure.

Zaad if its in a silver can it was probably Asahi Super Dry. Not a bad drop (No. 1 seller here in Japan) but not of the same quality as Ebisu or Sapporo Black Label, IMHO. Most Japanese beer tastes great except happoshu and Suntory Malts, which is a poisonous concoction of soiled schoolgirl knickers and the sweat of a thousand salarymen!

That said, all the Japanese beers I tried on a recent trip to the US were brewed by the maker of Budweiser and tasted watered down. I was forced to settle for Millers Genuine Draft -- not to be confused with Millers Fake Draft.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Heineken. It's head and shoulders above Singha, Amstel etc. I used to drink Kloster 100%, then quality control went on vacation and never came back.

Best beers in SEasia? Beer Lao (it's too good to be sold en masse in Thailand. It would destroy the Singha market overnight) and San Miguel. Total quality. The weiss beer in hopf in Pattaya is also excellent - if pricey.

I saw a German bar in Naklua (on the net) advertising Diebels Alt - a German beer. This is excellent, too. Had it at the CAMRA beer festival in London. At 85B it's a bargain. I'll try and track it down next weekend. Any German board members know of any other quality German beers in LOS??

I saw a German bar in Naklua (on the net) advertising Diebels Alt - a German beer. This is excellent, too. Had it at the CAMRA beer festival in London. At 85B it's a bargain. I'll try and track it down next weekend. Any German board members know of any other quality German beers in LOS??

Visit Tilac Bar on SC, they've a selection of several German draught beers. Just give it a try. :drunk:

"... Pabt's!" ... now you're talking! We used to drink that stuff. Remember the "big mouth" bottles ... after you drank one, the mouth was big enough to piss in ... recycling so to speak, as it seemed to originate from the same 'brewing' process in the first place!

Honestly, for me here in LOS, it's the coldest beer that I seem to enjoy ... I still believe the Golden Beer Bar has the coldest beer in town.

Does anyone remember Narragansett?

Of course I remember both of those beers...

And, Rheingold, Schmidt's, Schaefer, Ballantine, Carling Black Label, Rolling Rock, Piel's, etc.

But, the Pabst's wide-mouth bottles were great. Made excellent flower vases for your dining room table after drinking the amber stuff. :)

Hi Sarisin,

Do you also remember PBR Xtra? Used to be quite popular down South. Mayhaps never saw an appearance up in Yankee Land? FYI - that's the premium variety - the one they run through the horse twice!

Look forward to seeing you in March,

Garuda

Archived