Fuck Heineken!!!

Says SanukBoot:

Yes! Ebisu is great beer as well!!!

Tsingtao is one of the most underrated beers in Hong Kong......Great Beer!

SB.

PS Don't have San Mig which is brewed HK....terrible! Always insist on the San Mig PHP.....

Had San Mig several times in HKG. I agree, the taste is different from the Philippine product.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Straycat,

I was referring to the San Miguel in the Philippines. I just returned after three weeks there and enjoyed it (and its cousin, San Miguel Light) quite a bit. That's why I included it in the Asian beer list. I was unaware of it being a Spanish beers.

I also enjoy Japanese beers such as Kirin, Sapporo and Asahi. OB (from Korea) has improved over the years. One of the most horrible experiences I have had was to pour a bottle of OB in a bar outside Osan AB and discover a rat embryo plop into my glass. Good thing I wasn't just drinking from the bottle in those days. :eek:

[color:"blue"] "I really don't understand why Thai breweries do not copy any of the outstanding beers on offer in the neighbouring countries." [/color]

I agree with you here's my favorite:

Beer Lao from Laos

Hue beer from Vietnam

Tsingtao China

Here in Canada I can find Tsingtao and Hue but no Beer Lao.

Saki or sake :: Is it good?

What does it taste like?

Sake is Japanese rice wine. Best to drink hot in winter and ice cold in summer. Sometimes I drink it but I do prefer beer.

:drunk::) Alcohol content abt. 15-20vol.

Why is it almost 4x the price of Heineken? :: :: ::

It's made in Japan and here nothing comes cheap. :: :)

Hi Zaad,

I check again in LoTAS today, but didn't see it, checked in the liqour shop and not in the LoTAS aisles, so will do that again. One more reason to go once more to LoTAS.

As JP1 already mentioned, Sake is a great thing, it tastes deliciously :drunk:. I'm not sure if that;s your question tho, maybe you're just asking about hte cans you saw, how they taste. We'll get there in the end, dontcha worry.

Cheers,

Limbo

I'll try SAKE someday, both you and JP1 got me very curious and thirsty :drunk:

I was mentioning the 0.33l can but I went to LoTAS yesterday and it was....GONE :(

Maybe I'll ask JP1's avatar beauty to guide me to Japan in search for my silver can :D

Archived